Grey Wolf Missions

Discuss missions, share walkthroughs and tips, report discrepancies in descriptions.
DYEUZ
Trophy Hunter

Re: Grey Wolf Missions

Post by DYEUZ »

SUPERWEP7 wrote:I'm having a heck of a time with that fourth mission, too. Are you guys stalking to get the 100 foot shots or are you calling from fixed positions and just kinda... hoping you can get far enough away without spooking the incoming pack?

I've tried both methods, but with the calling and retreating method, I'm almost never getting any packs in. With stalking, I can shoot wolves all day—from about sixty-five feet out. With that dense terrain, seems like I can only ever get a clear shot on em from shorter distances. If I try to back out, that'll almost assuredly put a few trees and rocks in the way.
Tbh , i did , like some of my friends , do that part with friends . Two TS on both side of the river and you are certainly going to have a clear shot . One calls them , the other shoots when immobile .
Makes for shots of about 50@60m , but with xbow , not that difficult to hit target . Good luck . ( could be anywhere really , open fields, diagonal on road , etc )

BCKidd's 2019 COMMUNITY COMPS SERIES CHAMPIONSHIP
FIRST PLACE
MASTER HUNTER TROPHY

Villkatta
Outfitter

Post by Villkatta »

Call and retreat to treestand. If wolves are close enough, they'll come. I have some stands around the river crossing, usually some around there.

onkel_henry

Post by onkel_henry »

I`m doing the final wolf mission and I have shot Fenrir (the dark wolf) Multiple times without getting the mission done. I`ve tried doing it before and after it calls (part of the mission). I spawn in less than 100 meters from it at Brimstone and I know it`s the right wolf cause there is no other wolf tracks in the area. Is the mission bugged or am I doing somtheing wrong? Does anyone know?
fantamichele
Outfitter

Post by fantamichele »

onkel_henry wrote:I`m doing the final wolf mission and I have shot Fenrir (the dark wolf) Multiple times without getting the mission done. I`ve tried doing it before and after it calls (part of the mission). I spawn in less than 100 meters from it at Brimstone and I know it`s the right wolf cause there is no other wolf tracks in the area. Is the mission bugged or am I doing somtheing wrong? Does anyone know?
You must first identify the call and then capture it

p.s .: I see you have already done this. I would not know then :(

edit: Just out of curiosity, when you identify the call you get the pop-up of the completed mission? The one related to the call.
onkel_henry

Post by onkel_henry »

fantamichele wrote:
onkel_henry wrote:I`m doing the final wolf mission and I have shot Fenrir (the dark wolf) Multiple times without getting the mission done. I`ve tried doing it before and after it calls (part of the mission). I spawn in less than 100 meters from it at Brimstone and I know it`s the right wolf cause there is no other wolf tracks in the area. Is the mission bugged or am I doing somtheing wrong? Does anyone know?
You must first identify the call and then capture it

p.s .: I see you have already done this. I would not know then :(

edit: Just out of curiosity, when you identify the call you get the pop-up of the completed mission? The one related to the call.
Yes I do get the mission objective message for identifying the howl. But I see it don`t register at the misson page in the launcher while in game. Must be a bug I think.
Hogtracker

Post by Hogtracker »

Amarok on the move mission 7. Taking a heart shot with the .270 cal is kinda tricky and hard. During this hunt, I have found the elk call brings them in rather fast, but the mule deer call brings them in rather slowly, making it possible for a better shot. Also, I moved my tripod stand to where a dead carcass is, which attracts the wolves. I am set up at around 25-30M from the carcass. I have tried the front shot many times and the above shot a couple times. It doesn't matter which direction the shot is taken and you may think it is a heart shot, it will most likely end up to being a lung shot or a wound
Last edited by Tanngnjostr on May 21st, 2018, 1:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Removed signature from post
stancomputerhunter
Trophy Hunter

Post by stancomputerhunter »

Hogtracker wrote:Amarok on the move mission 7. Taking a heart shot with the .270 cal is kinda tricky and hard. During this hunt, I have found the elk call brings them in rather fast, but the mule deer call brings them in rather slowly, making it possible for a better shot. Also, I moved my tripod stand to where a dead carcass is, which attracts the wolves. I am set up at around 25-30M from the carcass. I have tried the front shot many times and the above shot a couple times. It doesn't matter which direction the shot is taken and you may think it is a heart shot, it will most likely end up to being a lung shot or a wound
First, are you aware that you have the EW signature widget on your profile...twice? See above.

Here is how you do the the wolf heart shot. There is NO distance requirement. If you have an existing tree stand in wolf territory, use it. If you get a call from a wolf, get in the tree stand and call it to the tree stand. Use this sequence. 3 calls..wait about 5 seconds..2 more calls. Keep doing that for 10 in game minutes. You should get wolves directly under the tree stand. STAND UP. You can shoot straight down while standing up. This does not manifest itself until you draw the bow or aim the rifle. Shoot your target straight down just a smidge behind the shoulder blades. Heart shot. Mission done.

Image Rares: 86 NTs: 29
stefanoitaliano

Post by stefanoitaliano »

Ye about that Amarok on the move mission 7.. I just shot a dark male wolf in the heart with the .270 wood. When they say dark wolf i assume it's the black one right? Well i have no idea of what i did wrong but it didn't count:S
Do you have to only hit the heart and no other organs?
And if I somehow have spooked it earlier in the game.. Shouldn't it be unspooked when it's just walks around an elk carcass? Surely didn't seem spooked to me.
Villkatta
Outfitter

Post by Villkatta »

stefanoitaliano wrote:Ye about that Amarok on the move mission 7.. I just shot a dark male wolf in the heart with the .270 wood. When they say dark wolf i assume it's the black one right? Well i have no idea of what i did wrong but it didn't count:S
Do you have to only hit the heart and no other organs?
And if I somehow have spooked it earlier in the game.. Shouldn't it be unspooked when it's just walks around an elk carcass? Surely didn't seem spooked to me.
Hi, do you have the link to the wolf you shot?
If you have activated the mission & shot a dark/black wolf in the heart with any 270 if should count.
If you've done all of that and it still doesn't count, I'd ask support if they could tick off that mission as accomplished. Send with a link to the wolf as proof.

stefanoitaliano

Post by stefanoitaliano »

Villkatta wrote: Hi, do you have the link to the wolf you shot?
https://www.thehunter.com/#profile/stef ... /607774178
This is the one that i shot.. Didn't take any trophy shot of it. But trust me, it was black.
If I can't provide a picture of it being dark, do you think they will accept it as proof?

Return to “Missions”