Rocky Mountain Elk Missions

Discuss missions, share walkthroughs and tips, report discrepancies in descriptions.
Villkatta
Outfitter

Re: Rocky Mountain Elk Missions

Post by Villkatta »

Seems there's either a bug or slight error in the objective for mission 10.

It says:
"Harvest a male Rocky Mountain Elk more than 14 typical points using a blind, tower, stand or shooting tripod rest from less than 50m (approx. 164ft.)."

However, you can complete the mission with a male that has exactly 14 points. No need looking for those elusive 16 pointers ;)

CAmulieman
Tracker

Post by CAmulieman »

The cost of the two required weapons is 1,200 em$. Not cool. And the cost of the gun and the bow is the equivalent of around 228,000 gm$. 3600gm$ vs 228,000gm$!
Tanngnjostr
Master Hunter

Post by Tanngnjostr »

CAmulieman wrote:The cost of the two required weapons is 1,200 em$. Not cool. And the cost of the gun and the bow is the equivalent of around 228,000 gm$. 3600gm$ vs 228,000gm$!
In (almost?) all mission sets you will have to buy weapons and equipment and thus spend more em$ than you could potentially earn in gm$. These missions were never meant to offer a financial profit for the player.
If you don't own a weapon or a piece of equipment and don't want to buy it, you can still ask someone else to shoot the animal in a MP game and let you harvest it.
Image Image Image
Radamus
Master Hunter

Post by Radamus »

Villkatta wrote:Seems there's either a bug or slight error in the objective for mission 10.

It says:
"Harvest a male Rocky Mountain Elk more than 14 typical points using a blind, tower, stand or shooting tripod rest from less than 50m (approx. 164ft.)."

However, you can complete the mission with a male that has exactly 14 points. No need looking for those elusive 16 pointers ;)
Yep! It was the same with the 2 elk of more than 12 points- 12 points got you a scored elk- There was also another mission, I forget which but had to be shot with something and I shot one using the wrong weapon, then as it was running finished it off with a second shot of the right weapon and it counted. Not like you get to do it over I guess.
"Out of all competitors, Radamus was the only one who got it I think" - BCKidd
"Ugh, I absolutely hate the thought that Radamus is right about this and I was wrong...!!!" Splainin2do
I can't afford a swear jar - xOEDragon
Spoiler:
ApolloCreed
Spotter

Post by ApolloCreed »

DYEUZ wrote:Mission #5 : Verification ... This mission needs to be done in order ... like the +10pts bull / the -10pts bull and then the cow .
Just did the cow first and did not see any info ... Beware guys .
Also , a 10 points will not be accepted.
I have encountered this situation with frustration.

It doesn't state this information anywhere in the item description. Looks like another example of lackluster work......like the half decade (or more) Wreck Island bug.

Do you think you can name all the animals in this game? Check out the Hunter quiz I've created on Sporcle. Go to Sporcle, type in the search bar "the Hunter". From the list choose the game called "theHunter (Name the Animals). Good Luck.

Return to “Missions”