Dropping dropping dropping

Discuss missions, share walkthroughs and tips, report discrepancies in descriptions.
caledonianblues
Master Hunter

Re: Dropping dropping dropping

Post by caledonianblues »

You're asking in the wrong place if you want an official answer. Moderators are not staff members. They can make suggestions like everyone else, but they're volunteers who moderate the forum. That's it. Although staff members do read the forums, there's no guarantee they will read this thread, or provide an answer.
Ultrasparc wrote:So what Devs ar seriuosly thinking to do with this BUG?
I just had a quick look and can't see this in the bugs forum. Is it there? If it is, can you please provide me with a link?
Ultrasparc

Post by Ultrasparc »

Thank you Caledonian, will report in the right place (bug, miscellaneous), but -due to the time passed from the first report in this topic, seriuosly doubt for a quick fix. Hope i am wrong.

In the meantime i remain astonished that the Staff of an 8 years old game have no time/resources to read this topic and fix a minor bug like this.

Do they have a Quality Assurance team? I am sorry, but dont think so.

Amen
Tod1d
Lead Moderator
Lead Moderator

Re: Dropping Dropping Dropping

Post by Tod1d »

Ultrasparc wrote:The Lead Moderator Tod1d suggestion does not solve the mystery: instead of giving wrong suggestion i kindly ask him to report to the Devs this bug, asking for an update on the ingame mission description: coordinates -13490 -3359 ARE STILL WRONG.

Thank you very much, waiting for an answer from an official (Dev or Moderator).
The Lead Moderator (regular player that just volunteers his time to moderate the forum. Not an EW employee), Tod1d suggested the solution that worked for him when he did the mission(s). Other solutions worked for other players and they reported them too.

The bug was reported when it was first discovered (Arriving at wreck Island doesn't register for missions). Why it hasn't been fixed, I have no idea. EW prioritizes bugs based on severity, impact, and available resources.

Why it works for most people, and doesn't work for a few is a mystery. This also makes it very difficult to reproduce & analyze to fix it.

Threatening to "take your ball & go home" (quit playing the game) isn't a very effective way to get the issue some more attention. ;)
It's "Tod", with one bloody 'd'!
Roger_Mellie

Post by Roger_Mellie »

Ultrasparc wrote:Thank you Caledonian, will report in the right place (bug, miscellaneous), but -due to the time passed from the first report in this topic, seriuosly doubt for a quick fix. Hope i am wrong.

In the meantime i remain astonished that the Staff of an 8 years old game have no time/resources to read this topic and fix a minor bug like this.

Do they have a Quality Assurance team? I am sorry, but dont think so.

Amen
I am sure they do have a QA team - who may be very busy! Out of 470 missions, it's only this one and possibly Illegally Blonde that I have had issues with. With this mission there is an easy work around - visit the coordinates and post a map screenshot along with a screenshot of your harvests to Support, and they can manually credit you with the mission and the $GMs. This problem is out in the open, and the community have offered various ways to work round it, so it's not as if anyone is in denial about it. As has been said, issues that affect different players in different ways (or not at all) are quite hard to troubleshoot.

There are some who call me..... Simon. In game: Alf_Tupper
Kinarr
Tracker

Post by Kinarr »

caledonianblues wrote:You're asking in the wrong place if you want an official answer. Moderators are not staff members. They can make suggestions like everyone else, but they're volunteers who moderate the forum. That's it. Although staff members do read the forums, there's no guarantee they will read this thread, or provide an answer.
Ultrasparc wrote: So what Devs are seriously thinking to do with this BUG?
I just had a quick look and can't see this in the bugs forum. Is it there? If it is, can you please provide me with a link?
Yes it is there.
Here is the link:
https://forum.thehunter.com/viewtopic.php?f=131&t=75442
Spoiler:

Return to “Missions”