Dropping dropping dropping

Discuss missions, share walkthroughs and tips, report discrepancies in descriptions.
InvisibleFlame9
Hunter

Re: Dropping dropping dropping

Post by InvisibleFlame9 »

ApolloCreed wrote:I just posted about this a few days ago. The coordinates that the game provides are not correct. Seems you need to find a certain spot on the island that will trigger the completion of visiting Wreck Island.

After countless hours failing, I found where I could get credit every time for visiting the island. Here is my location, marked with a yellow dot. Maybe it will work for you.

http://imgur.com/EI7JnkI

Find the tiny beach on the southern coast, go up the rocky hill on the left side of the tiny beach.
Just popping in to confirm that this checkpoint coords you gave worked for me. Thank you! Although the message didn't pop up right away. I had to pace around in the area for about a minute but it worked.

It was a hunting day from hell though. It took me the entire hunting day to complete the mission though (That's including losing a monster buck at the very end). Usually I have no problem tracking all the poo....but this day was stupid. It was a hunting nightmare of agrivation. After finally getting through all the checkpoints it was well into the afternoon and I still for whatever reason needed the moose poo. Go figure...when I actually need the moose it's nowhere to be found. While usually they're everywhere. Infact I got charged by one before I had a chance to do anything about it. But eventually I found the pooo and completed the mission. That wasn't the worst of it though. After completing the mission I spent an hour walking in the evening trying to find a buck and all the animals were scarce at that time and seemed so difficult to find something...not even tracks. Then I found a big beautiful monster buck in my cross hairs. Shot him from about 300 yards away with no scope (competition) And I managed to get a body hit. So I started following the tracks. It ended up being an hour and a half of running for miles like an idiot...******* just wouldn't die. Until the sun was going down and I was losing light and finally I lost the tracks...couldn't find the next one. Another monster gets away! :( Well....at least the mission got completed! It was a long travel mission and glad to have it behind me! But what a frustrating ending of a long day! :(
stancomputerhunter
Trophy Hunter

Post by stancomputerhunter »

As info: if you see a body shot blood trail, it's about 50-50 that it will die, with the odds going down the farther the shot. After you track it awhile, and it goes to roaming, if you see a poop, then it's about 99% that it has survived. You are only going to harvest it with a second shot. On the other hand, when you get to level 16 - tracking, you will be able to tell the health of a wounded animal when you look at blood tracks. When you start tracking a wounded animal, a rule of thumb is that if the health drops below 50% in the first three tracks, the animal will definitely die.

Of course, ALL arrow shots, the animal will eventually die.

What have we learned?
1. Use a bow if you can.
2. Click on every track possible to level up skills.
3. Check your mailbox if you see poop from a body shot..you're getting a letter. ;) Unless you hunt it down.

Image Rares: 86 NTs: 29
InvisibleFlame9
Hunter

stancomputerhunter wrote:As info: if you see a body shot blood trail, it's about 50-50 that it will die, with the odds going down the farther the shot. After you track it awhile, and it goes to roaming, if you see a poop, then it's about 99% that it has survived. You are only going to harvest it with a second shot. On the other hand, when you get to level 16 - tracking, you will be able to tell the health of a wounded animal when you look at blood tracks. When you start tracking a wounded animal, a rule of thumb is that if the health drops below 50% in the first three tracks, the animal will definitely die.

Of course, ALL arrow shots, the animal will eventually die.

What have we learned?
1. Use a bow if you can.
2. Click on every track possible to level up skills.
3. Check your mailbox if you see poop from a body shot..you're getting a letter. ;) Unless you hunt it down.
This is very helpful info to know! Thank you! I've started compiling a list document of all the best tips from the forum as there's so much. Speaking of tips, you should submit this to be included in the 'tip of the week' thread! ;)
InvisibleFlame9
Hunter

stancomputerhunter wrote: 3. Check your mailbox if you see poop from a body shot..you're getting a letter. ;) Unless you hunt it down.
After a little while of tracking 'Charlie' I saw him sitting on the river bank and assumed he was dying. Nope...just picking his butt. I took a second shot out of the kindness of my heart (Didn't want him to suffer any long and wanted to help him get home for the holidays (in my trophy lodge). If deers could write letters! I'm sure it would be to make fun of how bad a shot I am. LOL

There should be a feature in the game that let's you 'revenge hunt' where it spawns in a particular animal from a previous hunt for you to take your revenge. :)
stancomputerhunter
Trophy Hunter

Post by stancomputerhunter »

InvisibleFlame9 wrote:This is very helpful info to know! Thank you! I've started compiling a list document of all the best tips from the forum as there's so much. Speaking of tips, you should submit this to be included in the 'tip of the week' thread! ;)
The Wiki is your friend. http://thehunter.wikia.com/wiki/The_Hunter_Wikia

Image Rares: 86 NTs: 29
Mills
Outfitter

Post by Mills »

Can this please get fixed sometime? Just tried this mission again for the 2nd time. Ran around both coord's given in this thread for half an hour and nothing.
Roger_Mellie

Post by Roger_Mellie »

Mills wrote:Can this please get fixed sometime? Just tried this mission again for the 2nd time. Ran around both coord's given in this thread for half an hour and nothing.
Agreed - I'd read up on these player solutions, tried them, and no success. I eventually posted screenshots to Support and asked for them to manually credit me with the mission.

Time to reset this one so that either the description matches the reality - or vice versa?

There are some who call me..... Simon. In game: Alf_Tupper
RabbitEast

Post by RabbitEast »

ApolloCreed wrote:I just posted about this a few days ago. The coordinates that the game provides are not correct. Seems you need to find a certain spot on the island that will trigger the completion of visiting Wreck Island.

After countless hours failing, I found where I could get credit every time for visiting the island. Here is my location, marked with a yellow dot. Maybe it will work for you.

http://imgur.com/EI7JnkI

Find the tiny beach on the southern coast, go up the rocky hill on the left side of the tiny beach.
Really thank you for the given coordinates, i have been circling around the given coordinates on the island till i give up and check in the forum! Really glad i did.. Thanks again & Happy Holidays! :ugeek:
Ultrasparc

Dropping Dropping Dropping

Post by Ultrasparc »

This mission remain bugged.

Have spent hours to check all the coordinates listed in another post oth 8th march 2017, same title, nothing to do.

The Lead Moderator Tod1d suggestion does not solve the mystery: instead of giving wrong suggestion i kindly ask him to report to the Devs this bug, asking for an update on the ingame mission description: coordinates -13490 -3359 ARE STILL WRONG.

As i can see is a long time this mission does not work properly: a serious game company must solve asap, there are a lot of paying players -like me- that dont (and cant) wanna mess around with things like this, that seems a joke.

So please provide, its a good moment to avoid bad reviews on Steam and other game forums.

Thank you very much, waiting for an answer from an official (Dev or Moderator).
Ultrasparc

Post by Ultrasparc »

Roger_Mellie wrote:
Mills wrote:Can this please get fixed sometime? Just tried this mission again for the 2nd time. Ran around both coord's given in this thread for half an hour and nothing.
Agreed - I'd read up on these player solutions, tried them, and no success. I eventually posted screenshots to Support and asked for them to manually credit me with the mission.

Time to reset this one so that either the description matches the reality - or vice versa?
So what Devs ar seriuosly thinking to do with this BUG?

If you, an Official Moderator, cant do nothing......i dunno....players CANT solve themselves or spend hours to find a mysterious spot.

It is time do things seriously, and push for a solution.

If this is impossible, I will give up with The Hunter.

Return to “Missions”