Traditional Bow Missions

Discuss missions, share walkthroughs and tips, report discrepancies in descriptions.
Manu5Ahau
Scout

Re: Traditional Bow Missions

Post by Manu5Ahau »

Good day to you fellow bowhunters,

Can the mission "Testing your Stealth" be done with the heavy recurve?

It is not really clear to me what bows are traditional. Is the recurve carbon traditional? Which bows can i use for this mission?
Pittie
Hunter

Post by Pittie »

The heavy bow is not allowed in this mission. All other recurve, cable-backed and longbow are allowed.
The heavy recurve bow is not allowed in this whole missions pack, I think (I'm at No7).
Regards Pittie
Sorry for my english

TheHottShott

Post by TheHottShott »

Pittie wrote:The heavy bow is not allowed in this mission. All other recurve, cable-backed and longbow are allowed.
The heavy recurve bow is not allowed in this whole missions pack, I think (I'm at No7).
You can use the Heavy Recurve for these missions. I've done all that say you don't have to use a specific bow, including Testing your Stealth with the Heavy Recurve. (I'm also stuck on Number 7)
Manu5Ahau wrote:Good day to you fellow bowhunters,

Can the mission "Testing your Stealth" be done with the heavy recurve?

It is not really clear to me what bows are traditional. Is the recurve carbon traditional? Which bows can i use for this mission?
I did Testing your Stealth with the Heavy Recurve. A traditional bow is anything used before the invention of compound bows and modern crossbows. Material doesn't affect the traditional status. The carbon recurve is fine.
"Remember, it's not about the trophy kill, though it's nice to bag a big buck. But, it's those memories you recall later in life that make sub-zero temperatures, a blizzard, and howling wind all worth it." - My grandfather's last hunt.
muldo
Outfitter

Post by muldo »

Bought the Cable backed bow in the sale, despite previous chunterings and set off to RFF archery to practice. Getting lung hits on the Moose dummy at 15m, so set off for the mission. First shot was a body shot at 17m, my fault. Second shot after tracking was a lung hit at 15m, brief run and Moosey he dropped . It may not be the best bow, but it seems easier to shoot than the Longbow. So thanks to the guys for setting the missions,this mission maven had to have a go at them eventually.
muldo
Outfitter

Post by muldo »

Mission" Accuracy" and a 388 Elk to boot :D
stancomputerhunter
Trophy Hunter

Post by stancomputerhunter »

I did the first one. Then waited a long time to see if I was going to spend $4.93 on a bow I will use once. Finally bought it today. My first shot was on a bull Moose and I missed him. The second shot was on the same one, and I got heart lung..50m tracking. Then a buck came along and I shot him with it. So my lifetime line is 3 shots, 2 hits, 2 kills. Not sure it was worth the $5. When I first started a month or so ago, these missions were not in the Wiki. Now they are, and I read the requirements. Seriously? A heart shot and a minimum score?? First, find a BT that scores 135+ with the cockamamie scoring on them, and then hit it with a heart shot??? C'mon. Plus I have to buy a SECOND new bow...Geeez. I already have TWO recurves, and now I am forced to buy another one I don't need.

Why didn't you just require one hand behind your back at the same time. :evil:

Image Rares: 86 NTs: 29
muldo
Outfitter

Post by muldo »

Did mission "Specific accuracy" on RFF last night, after several attempts, managed a 165 Blacktail Buck. Got the heart shot from a tree-stand with the HEAVY RECURVE , having previously done it with the Recurve :evil: read the instructions. Then read the instructions.
Then off to upper VDB for a male Alpine Ibex, mission "Going uphill". Used the Heavy Recurve again and after some serious crawling, popped up to get one at 26m. :D Traditional Bow missions done. :)
InstinctiveArcher
Outfitter

Post by InstinctiveArcher »

Awesome! :)

In hunting, impossible doesn't exist any more than a sure thing does. - Tom Miranda
muldo
Outfitter

Post by muldo »

InstinctiveArcher wrote:Awesome!
Thanks man and thanks for the bow and missions.
InstinctiveArcher
Outfitter

Post by InstinctiveArcher »

It's to bad that Exanimis isn't around the forums anymore. He worked really hard on these missions and was super excited about them.

In hunting, impossible doesn't exist any more than a sure thing does. - Tom Miranda

Return to “Missions”