Calming down [RFF Travel Mission #8]

Discuss missions, share walkthroughs and tips, report discrepancies in descriptions.
Tanngnjostr
Master Hunter

Re: Calming down mission

Post by Tanngnjostr »

Missions should work in SP and MP (obviously except those that have the tag "Single Player" behind their name). I think until now a proper bug report about that particular mission hasn't been written, so maybe you want to do one.
Image Image Image
BCKidd

Post by BCKidd »

Bumblewoot wrote:Any other advice? I have stood both on (X-13490, Y-3359) and (x: -13346, Y: -3208) and I am in game right now. It will not trigger. Did not trigger last night either. Done in correct order. It is a MP match. Is that a factor? The other destinations are checked off.
Yeah the same happened to me. I gave up. It must be a bug. :? Peace.

BCKidd.

"Patience and perseverance, are not an option if you want that trophy, they are a necessity."

Keep it real!
"Careful, David, he's Canadian......They eat people you know." Fletchette.
jflex

Re: RFF Travel Mission #8

Post by jflex »

Same here, I've done it 5 times over the past month and no check for wreck island.
JimboCrow
Outfitter

Post by JimboCrow »

I went first to the mission specific coordinates and nothing happened. So I ran around a bit before I went to (X -13346, Y +3208) and still nothing. So I ran back to the entrance and walked north up the coastline from (X -13308, Y +3236) to (X -13309, Y +3302) and the mission completed. There is usually a delay before the message shows up so my guess is the spot is somewhere along the Y-axis between those bolded coordinates.
Last edited by TundraPuppy on July 30th, 2016, 11:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Tweaked verbage a bit.
jflex

Post by jflex »

I went to those coordinates and no indication. I walked off the island and back on to those coordinates, and got the indication. Thanks JimboCrow. That was my 8th time trying it. Must have something to do with leaving the island and coming back on to the island.
butter8808
Hunter

Re: RFF Travel Mission #8

Post by butter8808 »

I had to run around the island for an hour of real time for it to check complete. My map looked like an etchosketch that a 2 year old got hold of. One of the other missions where you have to arrive there checked when I fast traveled to the tent I have set up on the island even though it's not by the coordinates.
Slowridegco

Re: Calming down [RFF Travel Mission #8]

Post by Slowridegco »

The lost creek and forest locations can be troublesome as well. can stand directly on coordinates and still no notification of completion. Just completed ShipWreck by walking coastline in front of wreck along cliff face to far corner of island before it completed.
RyderJack

Post by RyderJack »

JimboCrow wrote:I went first to the mission specific coordinates and nothing happened. So I ran around a bit before I went to (X -13346, Y +3208) and still nothing. So I ran back to the entrance and walked north up the coastline from (X -13308, Y +3236) to (X -13309, Y +3302) and the mission completed. There is usually a delay before the message shows up so my guess is the spot is somewhere along the Y-axis between those bolded coordinates.
Just had trouble finishing the mission, i went to the coordinates, to the wreck, ran around the island and nothing. Then i thought "Better check the forum" - mission completed! Thanks, JimboCrow!
Sasquatch

Post by Sasquatch »

Took me quite a while to find this place too. Tried the east side of the island as JimboCrow suggested and had no luck, so I headed along the south coast as Slowridgco mentioned and finally hit it! It was on the cliffs on the SW corner of the island, approximately at [-13720, -3100]
Chumbafogo

Post by Chumbafogo »

To Hoo Cairs

Yes, all the others tasks are completed!
Code: Select all

Return to “Missions”