Calming down [RFF Travel Mission #8]

Discuss missions, share walkthroughs and tips, report discrepancies in descriptions.
Tod1d
Lead Moderator
Lead Moderator

Re: Calming down mission

Post by Tod1d »

Linden wrote:Asking customers to report bugs, with the rigor of some payed beta professionals volunteer amateurs, it is a mock and an act of contempt, IMO.
Why would they pay for beta testers when there are plenty of players willing to do it for free? This is a pretty standard practice in the gaming industry.

They don't ask or expect you to report bugs. They give you the opportunity to report them if you want to. If you don't want to, that's fine. However, you'll just have to wait until someone else reports it.

Frankly, it would take less time to just fill out the report than to continue to discuss/debate/argue/complain about it here. ;)

Be Well
It's "Tod", with one bloody 'd'!
TundraPuppy
Outfitter

Post by TundraPuppy »

Linden wrote:
TundraPuppy wrote:
Linden wrote:No thank you, I am not paid to do THEIR work.
...so EW themselves should write your bug report for you? I'm not sure what you're trying to say here.
Are you pretending that you don't know how these things work ? You know very well that every company that respects itself has beta testers, payed, to do exactly that, before the game is launched and after if the need arises, to correct left bugs. Asking customers to report bugs, with the rigor of some payed beta professionals, it is a mock and an act of contempt, IMO. The tune that they don't have money to pay such testers won't fly, because they have the more expansives prices in their virtual store for any item. They have money but they discovered that it's easier to trick (some) of us to do their job for free. Please don't pretend that you don't know that, too.
If they would've keep it simple etc, maybe I would've helped telling them these kind of info what you see here and in the general chat when something goes wrong. But rejecting my bug report on the grounds that is not as they wanted (meaning professional) is too much for me. I won't accept that and thus I won't do their job instead. Now I hope you understand my position.
I'm not pretending at all, I'm genuinely trying to figure out why you're upset at something not working in the game (which when released, worked fine - I've got the mission completed in my missions), but then apparently not caring enough to fill out stuff like a description of the problem (which isn't complicated, we're not asking for your blood type or solving some algebra problem or something - it's basically 'what were you doing, what is your operating system"), and then posting it.

The mods deny and accept bug reports, and I've done my fair share of that too. If every report that was made got accepted, then the developers would be spending half their time chasing people down trying to get more information out of them, because a -lot- of the reports are "this is broke, fix it you cheapskates, my computer is a laptop", and that's an enormous waste of time for everyone. The developers have to spend their time trying to find you to ask you about your system and why they can't reproduce the bug, and you still are doing the equivalent of filling out the entire form, you're just doing it later. Provided you want to help, and not just complain about it on the forums.

It's like walking by a piece of trash on the ground, pointing at it, going "someone should really do something about that", then when someone points out you can pick it up and throw it away, you shrug your shoulders and go "not my job". It's just not a very altruistic attitude in general, doesn't really help the situation at all, and certainly doesn't help get the trash off the ground (or the bugs fixed).
Am I doing a good job? I thrive on feedback! Please PM me, or my bosses Alena Rybik or Tod1d with comments, criticisms, or accolades!
Linden
Tracker

Post by Linden »

Tod1d wrote:
Linden wrote:Asking customers to report bugs, with the rigor of some payed beta professionals volunteer amateurs, it is a mock and an act of contempt, IMO.
Why would they pay for beta testers when there are plenty of players willing to do it for free? This is a pretty standard practice in the gaming industry.

They don't ask or expect you to report bugs. They give you the opportunity to report them if you want to. If you don't want to, that's fine. However, you'll just have to wait until someone else reports it.

Frankly, it would take less time to just fill out the report than to continue to discuss/debate/argue/complain about it here. ;)

Be Well
I did in my way and the report didn't show up in bugs section. I take it that nobody had time to see it or nobody really cared. Except what I just already reported, I don't see what else should I be doing, so that's why I am so reluctant to these kind of procedures. Whatever...
Chumbafogo

Post by Chumbafogo »

For me the same!! Arrived at Wreck Island and nothing more happens. I did repeat this mission twice and nothing, Just waist my time!
Code: Select all
hawkmoon83

Post by hawkmoon83 »

I've just completed it after struggling to get the last update. The point at which it completed for me was x: -13346, Y: -3208, quite a long way from the published coordinates on the mission explanation.
Mhaley45
Spotter

RFF Travel Mission #8

Post by Mhaley45 »

Travel Location - Wreck Island (X-13490, Y-3359) is not triggering completion.
I took 20 minutes walking around the area with no flag the mission step was completed. Then I used the exact map coordinates and stood exactly on (x-13490, y-3359) and the completion flag still did not appear.

I would like this mission step to be marked completed for (In-game Name LyleGoodman) so that I can come back and complete the rest of the mission.

Thank you.
HooCairs
Champion Hunter

Re: RFF Travel Mission #8

Post by HooCairs »

When you refresh the Mission page, do you see all other tasks as completed?
My Youtube theHunter Wiki
Spoiler:
stancomputerhunter
Trophy Hunter

Post by stancomputerhunter »

See here: http://forum.thehunter.com/viewtopic.php?f=210&t=73885 Someone posted a different set of coordinates where the mission completed.

Image Rares: 86 NTs: 29
Bumblewoot
Tracker

Post by Bumblewoot »

Mhaley45 wrote:Travel Location - Wreck Island (X-13490, Y-3359) is not triggering completion.

It is not triggering for myself either. I have tried two separate nights (2 sessions) both were MP though. I tried (X-13490, Y-3359) and (x: -13346, Y: -3208) as suggested in the other thread posted above. I have ran all around the island, and I have done them in the correct order. The previous towers are checked off.

Thanks for any more help.
Bumblewoot
Tracker

Post by Bumblewoot »

Any other advice? I have stood both on (X-13490, Y-3359) and (x: -13346, Y: -3208) and I am in game right now. It will not trigger. Did not trigger last night either. Done in correct order. It is a MP match. Is that a factor? The other destinations are checked off.

Return to “Missions”