Calming down [RFF Travel Mission #8]

Discuss missions, share walkthroughs and tips, report discrepancies in descriptions.
Linden
Tracker

Calming down [RFF Travel Mission #8]

Post by Linden »

This mission is bugged. I did all the task except the last one, of course: when I arrive to the wreck island, at the exact location, the game refuses to acknowledge the last done task so I wasted 2 hours and a half for nothing. I did all I could, I exit the island, came back, tried different area of the island, nothing worked. Please correct this bug.
Tanngnjostr
Master Hunter

Re: Calming down mission

Post by Tanngnjostr »

Linden wrote:Please correct this bug.
If you want to be sure that this bug is reported to the devs, you need to file a bug report. If bugs or problems are posted in any other forum section than "Bug Reports", it's likely that the information will never reach the devs.
Image Image Image
Linden
Tracker

Post by Linden »

No thank you, I am not paid to do THEIR work.
Tod1d
Lead Moderator
Lead Moderator

Post by Tod1d »

Linden wrote:No thank you, I am not paid to do THEIR work.
It will eventually affect someone else & they will report it. (maybe). ;)
It's "Tod", with one bloody 'd'!
Tanngnjostr
Master Hunter

Post by Tanngnjostr »

Tod1d wrote:
It will eventually affect someone else & they will report it. (maybe). ;)
http://forum.thehunter.com/viewtopic.php?f=131&t=73897
Image Image Image
Hubert
Tracker

Post by Hubert »

Oh, so it's not just me.The game stubbernly refused to tell me that I did the last task (coming to wreck island) no matter where I am on wreck island. Definitely a bugged mission.
Tanngnjostr
Master Hunter

Post by Tanngnjostr »

If you're trying to do the mission and reach Wreck Island, are the other tasks still marked in the missions tab or are they unmarked again? If this is the case, then the problem is in connection with the bug I linked to above. This bug seems to be relatively new and it does happen with different travel missions, not just this one. The devs are working on it.
Image Image Image
TundraPuppy
Outfitter

Post by TundraPuppy »

...so EW themselves should write your bug report for you? I'm not sure what you're trying to say here.
Am I doing a good job? I thrive on feedback! Please PM me, or my bosses Alena Rybik or Tod1d with comments, criticisms, or accolades!
chewik
Outfitter

Post by chewik »

I have just finished this mission, without any problem.
Linden
Tracker

Post by Linden »

TundraPuppy wrote:
...so EW themselves should write your bug report for you? I'm not sure what you're trying to say here.
Are you pretending that you don't know how these things work ? You know very well that every company that respects itself has beta testers, payed, to do exactly that, before the game is launched and after if the need arises, to correct left bugs. Asking customers to report bugs, with the rigor of some payed beta professionals, it is a mock and an act of contempt, IMO. The tune that they don't have money to pay such testers won't fly, because they have the more expansives prices in their virtual store for any item. They have money but they discovered that it's easier to trick (some) of us to do their job for free. Please don't pretend that you don't know that, too.
If they would've keep it simple etc, maybe I would've helped telling them these kind of info what you see here and in the general chat when something goes wrong. But rejecting my bug report on the grounds that is not as they wanted (meaning professional) is too much for me. I won't accept that and thus I won't do their job instead. Now I hope you understand my position.
Tanngnjostr wrote:If you're trying to do the mission and reach Wreck Island, are the other tasks still marked in the missions tab or are they unmarked again? If this is the case, then the problem is in connection with the bug I linked to above. This bug seems to be relatively new and it does happen with different travel missions, not just this one. The devs are working on it.
No they are all marked, at least for me, except the last one, which stayes unmarked whatever you do on that wreck island (going to the exact coordinates etc). And I tried to do it many times. I suspect that, because of the programmer line bug regarding this mission, things "must" be done in some order and that is why some say they did the mission without problems. I guess I am doing the things in the "wrong" order and that is why mission doesn't end, which is...a bug.

Return to “Missions”