Goose mission "Trickery In The Name Of Justice" tips?

Discuss missions, share walkthroughs and tips, report discrepancies in descriptions.
muldo
Outfitter

Re: Goose mission "Trickery In The Name Of Justice" tips?

Post by muldo »

Have a look at Hoocairs video for the last Goose mission, you have to call them just right and then wait till they are almost upon you. Good luck.
knott
Outfitter

Post by knott »

I call them just right but that don´t mean they will get within 12 metres generally they come in to high so you cant shoot them straight on top of you.

I tried to move my blind where I saw they landed but then they change landing positions I can´t see a pattern. I thought the stacks may be landing zones but appear random. Question is if I should not use short range caller at all and see where they land to try to get them close so I can pheasant hunt them from my blind.
_dfad_
Scout

Post by _dfad_ »

Raising the thread.
I struggle with this mission too.
I shoot 140 geese already in last few weeks, but only two of them flew closer than 15 m. I use both callers, I stand up to be a bit closer and shoot in the closest point, but geese continue to fly in 19, 18, 16, even 15.9 m from me.
Any tips?

"5 FPS at Picabeen Bay" club ;)
JimboCrow
Outfitter

Post by JimboCrow »

_dfad_ wrote:Raising the thread.
I struggle with this mission too.
I shoot 140 geese already in last few weeks, but only two of them flew closer than 15 m. I use both callers, I stand up to be a bit closer and shoot in the closest point, but geese continue to fly in 19, 18, 16, even 15.9 m from me.
Any tips?
If you can wait until just after they start their final "set winged" descent and then hit the short range caller, they will sometimes turn toward you. If they fly close enough to shoot do that, but if they just land nearby let them. Then, when they are standing, wait until they are facing you and whistle. They will fly right over the blind and you can get them that way. Either way works, but the best way is as Tod1d says: move your blind to where they always seem to want to land. Eventually you will find the sweet spot.
HooCairs
Champion Hunter

Post by HooCairs »

The most important is to observe where the geese tend to land. Look at their landing path. Then move your blind nearby until you can reliably call the geese to your blind with the short range caller.

I have found the exact blind location is one of the most essential factors in waterfowl hunting, especially when doing these missions.
My Youtube theHunter Wiki
Spoiler:
_dfad_
Scout

Post by _dfad_ »

HooCairs wrote:The most important is to observe where the geese tend to land. Look at their landing path. Then move your blind nearby until you can reliably call the geese to your blind with the short range caller.
Thank you. This works. I moved the blind like 30 m away from it's previous location and have got a couple of 12-13 m shots in next few minutes.
Unfortunately, this does not work so good with ducks when you only can setup the blind on a coast or micro-islands...

"5 FPS at Picabeen Bay" club ;)
splainin2do
Outfitter

Post by splainin2do »

Also, close shots don't count if you are able to shoot them while they are glitching (such as flying in a circle pattern low to the ground)...darn it! :lol:
Working 2 jobs doesn't leave enough time for hunting! :(
"...but catching you is going to be impossible." Radamus

Return to “Missions”