Goose mission "Trickery In The Name Of Justice" tips?

Discuss missions, share walkthroughs and tips, report discrepancies in descriptions.
Sir Valiant
Tracker

Goose mission "Trickery In The Name Of Justice" tips?

Post by Sir Valiant »

Am I the only one that is having a hard time trying to get under 15m? My average distance is 25m and I can't seem to get them close enough. Anyone have any tips/pointers? I have just finished a 3 1/2hr. hunt and harvested 47, of which only ONE was under 15m. Either I am doing something wrong or the 15m distance for this mission is just to close.
Alphamale1956
Outfitter

Re: Goose mission "Trickery In The Name Of Justice" tips?

Post by Alphamale1956 »

This only works with a blind and probably camo. Use LR to get them to break and then SR after they flatten out from the break and they will fly right at you.
Sir Valiant
Tracker

Post by Sir Valiant »

Alphamale1956 wrote:This only works with a blind and probably camo. Use LR to get them to break and then SR after they flatten out from the break and they will fly right at you.
That's exactly what I have been doing. :) I guess it's just me then LOL, thanks for the help. :mrgreen:
Alphamale1956
Outfitter

Post by Alphamale1956 »

Sir Valiant wrote:
Alphamale1956 wrote:This only works with a blind and probably camo. Use LR to get them to break and then SR after they flatten out from the break and they will fly right at you.
That's exactly what I have been doing. :) I guess it's just me then LOL, thanks for the help. :mrgreen:
It depends on when they break too. Three conditions: Break before they reach you; break overhead; and break as they go away. Best condition for a "Glide In" is Overhead or even Away. PM me if you want to do a hunt and I'll give you the PW
Manu5Ahau
Scout

Post by Manu5Ahau »

The trick that did it for me was to let them land, then you call them closer with the short range caller.
They walk right to you an when they are in a straight line towards you around 30m you raise your shotgun and then make a sound.
They fly directly towards you and you shoot. Worked four times in a row.

Hope it can help you out.
saldas1983
Hunter

Post by saldas1983 »

Short caller doesn't work on landed goose. You were lucky they decided to walk towards you. Sometimes they go the opposite direction and you can spit your lungs out blowing that caller and it won't make any difference. But its a good advice. I would try to lend them and wait for ones decided walk towards my blind when I'll be doing this mission.
killertut
Master Hunter

Post by killertut »

moved to "Board index ‹ The Hunter Community Lodge ‹ Missions"

Feedback on my work as a moderator is always welcome!
Manu5Ahau
Scout

Post by Manu5Ahau »

I didn't know that. But it seems to work.

I was already calling with the short range caller when they break off. Then they circle really close to the blind. After that there were always a few that walked towards the blind after landing. You have to choose those that walk straight at you. If they are at about 30m you aim and make a sound. They fly over you.

Try it and give me some feedback.
Tod1d
Lead Moderator
Lead Moderator

Post by Tod1d »

I believe the position of the blind also matters. I had my blind in a spot where the geese would NEVER fly directly at me. They had 'preferred' spots they liked to land. So, I moved my blind a bit closer to the decoys, and right in the middle of one of their preferred landing spots, and then I had geese landing inside the blind with me.

Experiment with moving the blind around.

Good Luck
It's "Tod", with one bloody 'd'!
knott
Outfitter

Post by knott »

This will be tricky it seems. When I shoot them at point blank they are still more then 15 metres away so they have to be inside the blind pretty much.

I had some fun sneaking up to sleeping goose then it was a peace of cake but I doubt there is time to set down a blind jump in and then shoot.

Return to “Missions”