Banteng Missions

Discuss missions, share walkthroughs and tips, report discrepancies in descriptions.
Villkatta
Outfitter

Banteng Missions

Post by Villkatta »

Mission pack for Banteng is here, good fun so far.

Here are missions 1-8:

Source of the Problem
Spoiler:
Spot a Banteng.
Retribution Will Follow
Spoiler:
Harvest a Banteng.
Tipping the Scales
Spoiler:
Harvest a Banteng with a weight of at least 600 kg (approx. 1323 lbs).
Harvest another Banteng but with a weight of at least 700 kg (approx. 1543 lbs).
Rumors
Spoiler:
Visit Saint Pauli's Lighthouse (X: 7.553, Y: 8.725) in Piccabeen Bay.
Then, harvest an unspooked Banteng with a score of 135 or higher in the same hunt.
Revenge Will be Swift
Spoiler:
Harvest two Banteng within 10 minutes of each harvest.
Restoring Peace and Order
Spoiler:
Harvest a Banteng with 100% Harvest Value using any Compound Bow.
Harvest another Banteng with 100% Harvest Value using any Compound Bow.
Lastly, harvest another Banteng with 100% Harvest Value from a distance of 30 meters (Approx. 98 feet) or further using any Compound Bow.
High on Caffeine (NB! This mission seems incomplete, or has been changed without the text being adjusted)
Spoiler:
Then, harvest another Banteng from a distance of 70 meters (Approx. 230 feet) or further with one shot.
The High Ground and Low Ground
Spoiler:
Harvest an unspooked Banteng from a Treestand or Tripod Stand.
Harvest an unspooked Banteng from a Ground Blind.

Villkatta
Outfitter

Re: Banteng Missions

Post by Villkatta »

And here is mission 9 & 10:

Hired Mercenaries
Spoiler:
First, harvest a charging Water Buffalo from any distance under 15 meters (Approx. 49 feet).
Then, harvest another charging Water Buffalo from any distance under 15 meters (Approx. 49 feet) in the same hunt.

Boss Banteng (Single Player)
Spoiler:
Harvest the male "Boss Banteng" by the easternmost island in the swamps of Piccabeen Bay (X: 7.539, Y: 8.299) with one shot.
Altogether a nice mission pack - thanks guys :D

muldo
Outfitter

Post by muldo »

Thanks again for the updates Villkatta, I'm on to mission 5 now.
ClemD
Scout

Post by ClemD »

Villkatta wrote: High on Caffeine (NB! This mission seems incomplete, or has been changed without the text being adjusted)
Spoiler:
Then, harvest another Banteng from a distance of 70 meters (Approx. 230 feet) or further with one shot.
Villkatta, I completed the mission "Hi on Caffeine" above with only one Banteng. So in fact it's the description that is wrong.

I shot a female Banteng with the .340 with a scope, one shot from a tree stand from a distance of 144.990 meters while she was walking. It was not a 100% harvest value. I do not know if it includes all those objectives but that how I got her. Here is my score sheet.
https://www.thehunter.com/#profile/clem ... /645054670

Good luck

Rare: 153 – Non-Typical: 12
Competitions: 82 – Gold: 25, Silver: 29, Bronze: 23, Events: 5
Wetland
Outfitter

Post by Wetland »

Shooting one Banteng over 70 Meters worked for me as well for Mission #7.

Wetland
Villkatta
Outfitter

Post by Villkatta »

ClemD wrote:
Villkatta wrote: High on Caffeine (NB! This mission seems incomplete, or has been changed without the text being adjusted)
Spoiler:
Villkatta, I completed the mission "Hi on Caffeine" above with only one Banteng. So in fact it's the description that is wrong.

I shot a female Banteng with the .340 with a scope, one shot from a tree stand from a distance of 144.990 meters while she was walking. It was not a 100% harvest value. I do not know if it includes all those objectives but that how I got her. Here is my score sheet.
https://www.thehunter.com/#profile/clem ... /645054670

Good luck
I think you misunderstood my post. I was only pointing out the oddity of having a mission with one single objective when it starts with "Then, ..." which indicates there was originally one or more objectives before this one, or they forgot to add them. Yes, I too completed the mission with one animal, but I pointed it out to anyone reading these missions so they wouldn't think I forgot any of the objectives.

These last mission packs (lynx, sambar, banteng) are all well and good, but seems slightly rushed. The two first had bugged missions, and the last had this odd mission text(+ there is also something slightly off with mission 9:
Spoiler:
It can be completed with 1 animal

muldo
Outfitter

Post by muldo »

Banteng missions done, mission 9 is completed surprisingly easily. On mission 10, I miss the Doc popping up with the message "it is in this area", small things but as Villkatta said perhaps slightly rushed. Pitch a tent fairly close to the mission 10 area, it helps.
DutchHunter74
Tracker

Post by DutchHunter74 »

For mission 9 I only had to kill one charging buffalo for completing this mission ;)
Spoiler:
knott
Outfitter

Post by knott »

They seem to have fixed it now I had to do two. Mission 10 was even better. That Banteng had 3 water buffalo bodyguards I had to put down from point blank range with my .405 before getting to the boss. He had called before so I knew what to track luckily. Should used my crossbow of course but it was just to fun to resist. Made for an epic long tracking of the boss. Then had to go for an intestine shot but only got body after I finally spotted him before me as he looked back and was ready to flee again. Hardly bled at all so I figured it was all over so I put him down with a second shot. Still completed despite the description clearly say one shot!
Vanatorul_Roman
Hunter

Post by Vanatorul_Roman »

I arrived into the eastern point but there is no banteng, just a an old track of a female buffalo...Where is that banteng or can I kill whatever banteng I find ? I doubt it's that easy... It's not clear in the mission content, and what dou you know, recently , in an update they bragged of how more explainable are now the mission text. LOL

If the mission is already activated and I left the game, next time where is the boss banteng ? is he still at that point ? Is he somekind activated when I arrive on that isand ? I would appreciate a little help, maybe the developers ? Anyone ? Thanks in advance.

Return to “Missions”