Arctic Fox Missions

Discuss missions, share walkthroughs and tips, report discrepancies in descriptions.
Mattb85
Spotter

Re: Arctic Fox Missions

Post by Mattb85 »

I am now struggling with the "Shivers" mission. I have no trouble shooting fox out to 150+ meters with iron sights (I tried in a number of foxes while I was hunting sheep). However, getting them at the correct distance while standing in a tripod has been impossible. I might need a second person to call them to a location 80m from me. I tried using the little spinning lure but it's so far that they still end up coming to my caller.

Edit: I ended up figuring out a good spot.
- I have a tent at -3876 -13033 (I keep this tent here for access to fox and bear hunting grounds)
- I put a tripod at -3861 -13033 (on top of the hill, with a good view of the valley)
- I put the Motion Predator decoy at -3801 -12970 (down in the valley about 85m from the tripod)

I recommend doing this on a multiplayer game so you can alt-tab out and the game will still run. Lay down on the decoy and alt-tab out but don't do anything that makes sound so you can still hear a fox call (alternatively you could just lay there and stare at the snow). When you hear a fox call, use your predator caller a couple times, then make your way to your tripod and wait for the fox. This will take a while, but it did work reliably.
HooCairs
Champion Hunter

Post by HooCairs »

You don't have to stand in the tripod stand, you can crouch. Either call the fox that is far away, then walk to the tripod stand 80m away, or fast travel to a tent near the tripod.

Let me know if you want someone else to shoot it and I can get you one.
My Youtube theHunter Wiki
Spoiler:
Mattb85
Spotter

Post by Mattb85 »

HooCairs wrote:You don't have to stand in the tripod stand, you can crouch. Either call the fox that is far away, then walk to the tripod stand 80m away, or fast travel to a tent near the tripod.

Let me know if you want someone else to shoot it and I can get you one.
I didn't literally mean stand on the tripod, sorry I wasn't clear.

I was able to get it via the method I described in my edit, Thank you for the offer though!
Dr_ViEr
Hunter

Post by Dr_ViEr »

I placed a motion decoy and a tripod in a place where foxes are numerous.
In a next hunt walk to the decoy, call (you have to be close to the decoy) and move back to the tripod. To speed up, you can place a tent close to the tripod and fast travel after calling.
Spoiler:
Bonedigger777
Tracker

Post by Bonedigger777 »

I still haven't done the Shivers mission yet, but when I was doing the "Oblivious Bang" mission I tried the fast travel method. I waited at the decoy for a fox to call. When one called I let rip with the jackrabbit caller and then fast traveled to my tent/tripod setup 110 meters away and hopped into the tripod and waited. The fox that had called and another one came straight to me in the tripod, not to the decoy where I had made the call. I don't know if it glitched and carried the call location with me when I fast travelled, or what happened. Has anyone else had that happen when fast travelling after making a call?
Dr_ViEr
Hunter

Post by Dr_ViEr »

There is a bug that sometimes - if you start moving before the caller animation is finished - the animals will come to you instead of the place where you called.
I was not aware that this includes fast traveling.
Spoiler:

Return to “Missions”