Scope chapter

Discuss missions, share walkthroughs and tips, report discrepancies in descriptions.
Dr_ViEr
Hunter

Scope chapter

Post by Dr_ViEr »

I am, once again, at the scope chapter and I really dislike it. My goal IRL and in the game is to produce clean kills to the animals. Why am I forced to shoot at distances, I know that will not work...

The roe part is pretty easy. I assume even 40m would be fine.

The bear part is already annoying as you need 3-4 slugs, but using the semi-automatic normally allows you to put already 3 slugs into the bear at the first encounter.

The Ptarmigan part is the really bad one. I typically need 2-3 shots. Even with my level 50 pointer and shooting them on the ground after measuring the distance, it takes hours to find the same birds again and again. I wonder if someone has a more efficient way to get them. Last weekend I had to give up after 6h playing, having 2 birds left.

I also do not understand the idea behind these distances, but forcing you to track/find the animals again.

My recommendation would be:
- keep roe deer as it is (or increase to 40m)
- reduce bear to 50m
- reduce Ptarmigan to 30m (maybe airborne)

Or

- keep it as it is and release the scope for the 10 GA, shown here:

https://forum.thehunter.com/viewtopic.p ... a#p1029381

This should also help!
Spoiler:
HooCairs
Champion Hunter

Re: Scope chapter

Post by HooCairs »

Dr_ViEr wrote:I wonder if someone has a more efficient way to get them.
I run to the highest places in the north of the map and spook them to fly downhill. When they are far enough away (you have to guess) I keep shooting with the 20GA as fast as I can.

My Youtube theHunter Wiki
Spoiler:
Dr_ViEr
Hunter

Post by Dr_ViEr »

HooCairs wrote: I run to the highest places in the north of the map and spook them to fly downhill. When they are far enough away (you have to guess) I keep shooting with the 20GA as fast as I can.
Thanjy you Hoo!
I assume, you are talking about the 12GA (as you need a scope), but I am not sure if this is really more appropriate for me!
As long as the bird sits on the ground, I don't have any issues with its movement and estimating the distance.
But I will definitely give it a try!
Spoiler:
HooCairs
Champion Hunter

Post by HooCairs »

12ga Maisto also works for three quick shots. Maybe the better option with that and scope.
My Youtube theHunter Wiki
Spoiler:

Return to “Missions”