Store need some changes

alssn
Tracker

Store need some changes

Post by alssn »

Hello, i think the store need some changes:

1- If you want to buy alot ammo you are able to put the number you need. Buy one by one is really "old".
2 - When you click to buy a weapon, the store need ask you if you really want that item, beacause is commum make the mistake of buying weapons thinking you are buying ammo(one time i buy 2 .340, thks for the help support).

Image Image Image
curlyCoyote
Outfitter

Re: Store need some changes

Post by curlyCoyote »

1) Yes I agree it is sometimes annoying when you are trying to buy a lot of ammo and you have to do it 1 by 1.
2) I have never gotten a weapon i did not want on accident, so i cant relate to that. Plus its not bad having 2 340's, you get 6 shots instead of 3. But I can definetly see a "Are you sure you want to buy XXX" being useful in general.
alssn
Tracker

Post by alssn »

curlyCoyote wrote:1) Yes I agree it is sometimes annoying when you are trying to buy a lot of ammo and you have to do it 1 by 1.
2) I have never gotten a weapon i did not want on accident, so i cant relate to that. Plus its not bad having 2 340's, you get 6 shots instead of 3. But I can definetly see a "Are you sure you want to buy XXX" being useful in general.
In this case i stay with 3.. Because i already have 1 hahaha
And i have some friends who did the same mistake.

Image Image Image
Andhii
Scout

Post by Andhii »

I would rather not have another pop up that I dont need in my way while buying something from the store. Buying ammo is fast enough if you click on the store background as soon as you'v clicked "buy with ems/gms", the popup will go away instantly but you get the ammo, rinse and repeat. It would be handy to select how many boxes you want to buy at once but unless you're preparing for a war, I find it quite useless. I often buy ammo in large amounts and I don't have a problem with the current system.
https://www.thehunter.com/#profile/andhii
"Never argue with an idiot...they drag you to their level and beat you with experience."
alssn
Tracker

Post by alssn »

Andhii wrote:I would rather not have another pop up that I dont need in my way while buying something from the store. Buying ammo is fast enough if you click on the store background as soon as you'v clicked "buy with ems/gms", the popup will go away instantly but you get the ammo, rinse and repeat. It would be handy to select how many boxes you want to buy at once but unless you're preparing for a war, I find it quite useless. I often buy ammo in large amounts and I don't have a problem with the current system.
How many weapons you buy per day for a pop up became a problem for you? Because i say when you buy waepons, not every item in the store.
I think your opinion is contradictory, don't make any sense no see a problem buy one by one ammo, a item if you hunt everyday you need to buy everyday, and thinking a pop up is a problem for a item who you buy once a month.
But ok, maybe pop up is not a good idea, instead why don't denied a player when he tries to buy a weapon hes already have?

Image Image Image
Dubitabilus
Hunter

Re: Store need some changes: "Shopping Cart" Module

Post by Dubitabilus »

The overall design of the store needs optimization and streamlining. It really feels "cumbersome" to navigate.
  • Bulk/Batch ordering (Shopping Cart):
    Maybe make a "Shopping Cart" module for shopping? Add all you want into the cart then just go to checkout. You can plan your purchases and see how much you may need to save for your next purchase.
  • "Confirming your order" (Checkout):
    The "shopping" cart module would be a solution, with the checkout page being the confirmation page. If the shopping cart module is not to be implemented then I agree with a confirmation page (with the option to disable in settings)

Other suggestions I have
  • Reorganize permitted animal lists by size/weight:
    Have the tables sorted by size range/weight classes, followed by sorting alphabetically. This way the species lists make more sense and newer users better understands how to appropriately use ammo. Small game < Varmints < Medium Game < Large Game < Dangerous Game
  • "Sort By" drop-down modules:
    Newest, Best Sellers, Price (ascend, descend), etc...
  • Wish Lists:
    Save items to help plan your budget and spending schedule. Maybe even have options to buy something for a friend's list
Semper vigilans, Numquam dubitabilis - "Always Vigilant, Never Doubtful"
https://www.boone-crockett.org/minimum- ... n-big-game
Spoiler:

Andhii
Scout

Post by Andhii »

alssn wrote:
Andhii wrote:I would rather not have another pop up that I dont need in my way while buying something from the store. Buying ammo is fast enough if you click on the store background as soon as you'v clicked "buy with ems/gms", the popup will go away instantly but you get the ammo, rinse and repeat. It would be handy to select how many boxes you want to buy at once but unless you're preparing for a war, I find it quite useless. I often buy ammo in large amounts and I don't have a problem with the current system.
How many weapons you buy per day for a pop up became a problem for you? Because i say when you buy weapons, not every item in the store.
I think your opinion is contradictory, don't make any sense no see a problem buy one by one ammo, a item if you hunt everyday you need to buy everyday, and thinking a pop up is a problem for a item who you buy once a month.
But ok, maybe pop up is not a good idea, instead why don't denied a player when he tries to buy a weapon hes already have?
I was talking about buying ammo, not guns. Not being able to buy a duplicate gun is a good idea since nobody needs more than 1 right? This mechanic also already exists with the e-caller add ons, which you can buy only once. Same with the upgrade items I belive, like the pistol holster etc.

Anyways, I'm sure support will revert the action if you accidently buy a gun you didn't want or you already own. So I still don't see a reason to add any more annoying pop ups for the overwhelming majority of players who don't have this issue when buying items from the store. Maybe you need to slow down a bit when shopping if this is really an issue for you :).
"Never argue with an idiot...they drag you to their level and beat you with experience."
curlyCoyote
Outfitter

Post by curlyCoyote »

Andhii wrote:since nobody needs more than 1 right?
I like having more then 1 muzzle loader loaded and equipped on me, sometimes I do hunts with 3 of them! If I miss one of my shots i don't have to reload before I take my next one.
alssn
Tracker

Post by alssn »

Andhii wrote: Anyways, I'm sure support will revert the action if you accidently buy a gun you didn't want or you already own. So I still don't see a reason to add any more annoying pop ups for the overwhelming majority of players who don't have this issue when buying items from the store. Maybe you need to slow down a bit when shopping if this is really an issue for you :).
How do you know how much players have that issue? And yeah i buy alot ammo everyday, today only 21 boxes.
If this is not a real problem, it doesn't change that the store is really outdated.

Dubitabilus wrote:The overall design of the store needs optimization and streamlining. It really feels "cumbersome" to navigate.
  • Bulk/Batch ordering (Shopping Cart):
    Maybe make a "Shopping Cart" module for shopping? Add all you want into the cart then just go to checkout. You can plan your purchases and see how much you may need to save for your next purchase.
  • "Confirming your order" (Checkout):
    The "shopping" cart module would be a solution, with the checkout page being the confirmation page. If the shopping cart module is not to be implemented then I agree with a confirmation page (with the option to disable in settings)
Nice idea, put everything you want in your shopping cart, in the sopping card you are able to add more ou less items. Problem solved...

Image Image Image
Andhii
Scout

Post by Andhii »

alssn wrote:How do you know how much players have that issue? And yeah i buy alot ammo everyday, today only 21 boxes.
If this is not a real problem, it doesn't change that the store is really outdated.
Well I'v asked around friends and nobody has claimed to have that oopsie and I'v played the game for around 10 years and only know 1 person to have such a problem. So in this light I'm against of adding a confirmation box which may serve you well but the other 2000 players it will annoy. Demanding this sort of change if the odds are 1 to 2000 is plain ridicilous.
alssn wrote:2 - When you click to buy a weapon, the store need ask you if you really want that item, beacause is commum make the mistake of buying weapons thinking you are buying ammo(one time i buy 2 .340, thks for the help support).
Without even knowing how many players actually have this same issue I can say it's NOT a common problem to have.

I never said that the store isn't outdated, I mentioned that buying ammo is easy enough and fast enough and that adding more pop ups isn't a good thing.

Return to “Website suggestions”