Ability to Delete Messages

nue

Re: Ability to Delete Messages

Post by nue »

HooCairs wrote:Don't understand. The messages are not all in the same inbox, each user has its own folder. How can you miss messages? When you enter the messaging system you can immediately see who you have new mail from. Click Doc once to make the "new message" maker dot disappear, then check what other players are shown to have sent messages.

I ignore messages from Doc every single day that I play. Never bothers me.
This is not about Doc, no one cares. But his messages do get lumped with the others and so every time we click the notification to make him go away, we get to glimpse and by extension read once again old unpleasant msgs that we would have deleted given the chance.
You can't miss the msgs per se, thats true. But thats not what I meant, you miss the window for a response. People stop playing or even lose interest if you happen to message them a month later.
caledonianblues wrote:If enough of us pool together and send you messages, we could bump the offending messages down the list. Of course you might end up with worse messages :)
:D
I guess TOD1D saw your message and brightened my day a little. :mrgreen:
Thanks
Tod1d
Lead Moderator
Lead Moderator

Post by Tod1d »

nue wrote:
HooCairs wrote:Don't understand. The messages are not all in the same inbox, each user has its own folder. How can you miss messages? When you enter the messaging system you can immediately see who you have new mail from. Click Doc once to make the "new message" maker dot disappear, then check what other players are shown to have sent messages.

I ignore messages from Doc every single day that I play. Never bothers me.
This is not about Doc, no one cares. But his messages do get lumped with the others and so every time we click the notification to make him go away, we get to glimpse and by extension read once again old unpleasant msgs that we would have deleted given the chance.
You can't miss the msgs per se, thats true. But thats not what I meant, you miss the window for a response. People stop playing or even lose interest if you happen to message them a month later.
caledonianblues wrote:If enough of us pool together and send you messages, we could bump the offending messages down the list. Of course you might end up with worse messages :)
:D
I guess TOD1D saw your message and brightened my day a little. :mrgreen:
Thanks
I do the same thing. I see a notification icon on the msg icon, and just assume it's doc & don't even check. I have missed several messages from real people due to this.
Combine this with the notification icon not going away after you read all your messages, just makes it easier to ignore it.
If I could put Doc on a junk or block filter I wouldn't have to worry about it.
It's "Tod", with one bloody 'd'!
Epona142
Scout

Post by Epona142 »

stancomputerhunter wrote:Epona, I could send you a nice complimentary message, pointing out what a fine hunter you are, and how you have had some amazing trophies over the years, and enhanced them with some really nice trophy shot poses, even before the canned ones that we can buy. :D

That way, you will see my message right under Doc's, each time he scolds you. How does that sound to you? :)
What kind words! Thank you so much - you made me feel a lot better and brightened my day.

I appreciate all the other comments as well - you're right, it's a lot to ask for in this day and age of our game, for anything to be done/changed on the website side. I have been playing this game since 2010 and have enjoyed my time here, but reality is reality as well lol.

Return to “Website suggestions”