Ability to Delete Messages

Epona142
Scout

Ability to Delete Messages

Post by Epona142 »

Why can't we delete messages sent to us through the website message system? Every time I look at messages I get to enjoy a glance at a smarmy message from some twit who didn't like the fact I didn't answer their unasked for and uninvited messages and felt the need to insult me. Not far enough to bother reporting admins, but enough that I'm sick and tired of seeing it.

Why can we not delete messages. I suggest that this be added.
Tod1d
Lead Moderator
Lead Moderator

Re: Ability to Delete Messages

Post by Tod1d »

Been suggested several, if not many times. Although I think the prevailing reason was to delete Doc's "smarmy" messages. :lol:
It's "Tod", with one bloody 'd'!
VonStratos
Outfitter

Post by VonStratos »

To be fair, it has been suggested to delete Doc too, and he is still around and now with the vehicle will have a new motif to spam us if we shoot an animal that was scared by the Jeep. :x

ImageImage
"Turkeys...the only animal smarter than man."
Epona142
Scout

Post by Epona142 »

Guess I'm stuck with it then. Not surprised I guess, based on the way things have been going around here the past few years. Just sick and tired of seeing that insult every time I need to clear Doc's nice lil red notification scolding me about something or other.

Figured it was worth suggesting it once more, though I know it's unlikely to ever be added.
HooCairs
Champion Hunter

Post by HooCairs »

Based on what you say, what you would need is not a delete message function but a block player function. A button that says "This is spam". :D

I have no hope whatsoever for this messaging system to ever change again. The website is almost abandoned to the point we can be happy nothing else stops working. I have not seen any improvements in a long time, at least none to the usage or information displayed. What happens in the background on server and database level I don't know.
My Youtube theHunter Wiki
Spoiler:
fantamichele
Outfitter

Post by fantamichele »

If they gave the possibility to delete the photos I do not see why we can not delete the messages. It seems quite ridiculous
stancomputerhunter
Trophy Hunter

Post by stancomputerhunter »

Epona, I could send you a nice complimentary message, pointing out what a fine hunter you are, and how you have had some amazing trophies over the years, and enhanced them with some really nice trophy shot poses, even before the canned ones that we can buy. :D

That way, you will see my message right under Doc's, each time he scolds you. How does that sound to you? :)

Image Rares: 86 NTs: 29
nue

Post by nue »

Epona142 wrote:Why can't we delete messages sent to us through the website message system? Every time I look at messages I get to enjoy a glance at a smarmy message from some twit who didn't like the fact I didn't answer their unasked for and uninvited messages and felt the need to insult me.
I know the feeling. A long, long time ago, I banned some dude who was disrupting my mp game. Now every time doc got something on me, I get to read once again a delightful msg about him wishing me dead from a bus accident. Awesome.
Its not that big of a deal, but its annoying. To the point i don't open those msgs sometimes and have missed some people genuinely trying to talk to me.

Someone, please. :? :roll:
caledonianblues
Master Hunter

Post by caledonianblues »

nue wrote:A long, long time ago, I banned some dude who was disrupting my mp game. Now every time doc got something on me, I get to read once again a delightful msg about him wishing me dead from a bus accident. Awesome.
If enough of us pool together and send you messages, we could bump the offending messages down the list. Of course you might end up with worse messages :)
HooCairs
Champion Hunter

Post by HooCairs »

nue wrote:To the point i don't open those msgs sometimes and have missed some people genuinely trying to talk to me.
Don't understand. The messages are not all in the same inbox, each user has its own folder. How can you miss messages? When you enter the messaging system you can immediately see who you have new mail from. Click Doc once to make the "new message" maker dot disappear, then check what other players are shown to have sent messages.

I ignore messages from Doc every single day that I play. Never bothers me.
My Youtube theHunter Wiki
Spoiler:

Return to “Website suggestions”