Doc and his wonderful e-mails...

Surni

Doc and his wonderful e-mails...

Post by Surni »

So after my hunt earlier today during which I spent quite a bit of time searching for a wounded coyote that I didn't manage to recover because the tracks disappeared on me. I found Doc had once again left me a lovely note informing me of what a bad hunter I was for leaving a wounded animal to suffer. *loud sighing* I had a moment at this point and decided to write Doc back. Yes, I know Doc is merely a bot, but the frustration level was fairly high at that point after rushing that bow shot, then stomping around WHI and ultimately admitting defeat. Anyway, the text of my message read: "Well it would help if you weren't sneaking around in an ATV out there picking up wounded animals and taking them to the vet and causing their tracks to disappear or was it... ALIENS! *sticks her tongue out*"

Then later on today I got to thinking, I am sure many of us have written Doc out of frustration with similar messages. I wondered if EW ever looked at those and if they did had compiled a list of the funnier ones and if you have it would be wonderful if you shared those with us. If not then perhaps doing so or maybe even on the rare occasion, Doc writes a reply that is even pithier. I personally would have found that to be even more amusing. So there is my thoughts and suggestions. Oh and also... please fix that issue about the tracks disappearing, it's annoying, frustrating and just general time wasting, Thanks.

Surni
caledonianblues
Master Hunter

Re: Doc and his wonderful e-mails...

Post by caledonianblues »

Doc's account is a real account, just like any other, even though the messages are automated. The developers have accessed the account and read the messages before. I did some consultancy work for Expansive Worlds a while back and also took a peek. There are some hilarious responses, few of which would actually be suitable for the forum ;)
VonStratos
Outfitter

Post by VonStratos »

When i started and received Doc messages i was thinking it was a real Dev scolding me and that loosing animals may lead me to a ban or other sanction... well Doc may be a bot but after all this years i think is more like a stalker, you know hiding in the bushes with a telescope while we change our clothes in the lodge and then following us to see if we fail to track an animal, and if you think about it, fast travel is getting into Doc's van so he can take you to your tent... Doc is not to be trusted.

ImageImage
"Turkeys...the only animal smarter than man."
Surni

Post by Surni »

VonStratos wrote:When i started and received Doc messages i was thinking it was a real Dev scolding me and that loosing animals may lead me to a ban or other sanction... well Doc may be a bot but after all this years i think is more like a stalker, you know hiding in the bushes with a telescope while we change our clothes in the lodge and then following us to see if we fail to track an animal, and if you think about it, fast travel is getting into Doc's van so he can take you to your tent... Doc is not to be trusted.
Oh Dear GAWD!, Now you have my stranger danger senses going off about Doc. Has anyone looked into Doc's past? I mean you know do we all need to start looking into protective measures against Doc now? Yikes... and just think of how good at camouflage he really has to be to pull this one off. Stranger Danger Alert! :shock:
DYEUZ
Trophy Hunter

Post by DYEUZ »

caledonianblues wrote: There are some hilarious responses, few of which would actually be suitable for the forum ;)
Mine would be rated 18+ and for mature audiences only , for sure . :lol:

BCKidd's 2019 COMMUNITY COMPS SERIES CHAMPIONSHIP
FIRST PLACE
MASTER HUNTER TROPHY

SoftShoe
Outfitter

Post by SoftShoe »

I thought his messages were from a real person as well my 1st few hunts. I even apologized to him :lol: Once I realized he was a bot I started to make the occasional cheeky reply to vent frustration.

XxStrong1xX
Outfitter

Post by XxStrong1xX »

Glad to know that I am not the only one that responds to his emails sometimes out of frustration. I had one a while back that was rather hilarious but unfortunately unsuitable for posting here. :lol:

Playing off and on since 2010. My original forum profile https://forum.thehunter.com/memberlist. ... le&u=13071
DYEUZ
Trophy Hunter

Post by DYEUZ »

SoftShoe wrote: I even apologized to him :lol:
Same here SS . And like many others , the mature rated single next reply , when i understood it was automated , was not very polite . :lol:
omg , so funny now , when i think about it .

BCKidd's 2019 COMMUNITY COMPS SERIES CHAMPIONSHIP
FIRST PLACE
MASTER HUNTER TROPHY

Tod1d
Lead Moderator
Lead Moderator

Post by Tod1d »

caledonianblues wrote: There are some hilarious responses, few of which would actually be suitable for the forum ;)
guilty! I pretty much knew it was a bot from the start, so I didn't hold back at all.
It's "Tod", with one bloody 'd'!
BCKidd

Post by BCKidd »

I though a lot like Von- when I first started. Then as I learned that he was jus' Doc the bot... I slammed him a couple of times. I remember there was a time when you could send replies and he'd send you a cheeky one back like " Oh, it is you again...what now". Can anyone else remember that? ;) Peace.

BCKidd.

"Patience and perseverance, are not an option if you want that trophy, they are a necessity."

Keep it real!
"Careful, David, he's Canadian......They eat people you know." Fletchette.

Return to “Website suggestions”