Fix (weapon) Achievements

rhapsodaisical
Scout

Fix (weapon) Achievements

Post by rhapsodaisical »

Change the Weapon master achievements from linking the weapon Achievements to Weapon Ranks. Currently its impossible to achieve and that is a shame!
RidgeBack69
Outfitter

Re: Fix (weapon) Achievements

Post by RidgeBack69 »

If you are trying to get the banners it is working as intended Weapon Achievements are designed to make you buy all weapons in the game. And every time a new weapon is added the achievement requirement goes up.

Check here: http://news.thehunter.com/introducing-t ... ter-score/
Spoiler:
Tanngnjostr
Master Hunter

Post by Tanngnjostr »

RidgeBack69 wrote:If you are trying to get the banners it is working as intended Weapon Achievements are designed to make you buy all weapons in the game. And every time a new weapon is added the achievement requirement goes up.

It works as intended, but now that we have Doc's shed it's almost impossible to buy all weapons. Anyway, I don't think that the weapon banners have a real meaning to anyone except a few chosen players. Most new players will hardly want to buy 60+ weapons just to get a background picture... :?
Image Image Image
RidgeBack69
Outfitter

Post by RidgeBack69 »

Tanngnjostr wrote:
RidgeBack69 wrote:If you are trying to get the banners it is working as intended Weapon Achievements are designed to make you buy all weapons in the game. And every time a new weapon is added the achievement requirement goes up.

It works as intended, but now that we have Doc's shed it's almost impossible to buy all weapons. Anyway, I don't think that the weapon banners have a real meaning to anyone except a few chosen players. Most new players will hardly want to buy 60+ weapons just to get a background picture... :?
I don't understand why we have Doc's shed in the first place. It makes no sense too me.
But you are correct if some one wanted to buy all the weapons in the game and try to get all the achievements thy can't so for that reason all weapons should be removed from the shed.
Spoiler:
fantamichele
Outfitter

Post by fantamichele »

Tanngnjostr wrote:

You have to buy 85 weapons to get the results of the banner :?
HooCairs
Champion Hunter

Post by HooCairs »

Yes, some of these banners will not ever be used. Most people don't even know about them. There should be a well visible link in the top right of the banner taking players to the according setting.

The banners were introduced when Caledonianblues spent some time at EW and when Luna was still there. That was the only time in many years where we saw some website improvements.

I for myself prefer the banner with the suspension bridge at Logger's Point which is one of the easiest to get. :)
My Youtube theHunter Wiki
Spoiler:
rhapsodaisical
Scout

Post by rhapsodaisical »

Some of you guys know me a little by now and I am a little quirky at times. I like stats and achievements as I tend to be a bit of a completionist (within reason) I really like the progress of the ranks. Offering me an angle at hunting with different weapons that I have low kill ratio on. This offers me to say to myself " today I am using weapon x until i reach 25 kills" defining my choice of maps, way of hunting etc.

With the achievement asking me to not only buy all premium weapons but also seeming having to obtain the Primal 12GA its definitely off the board. But it doesnt mean I would've liked the banner as proof of effort. The banners are not THAT important but its still a nice addition.
RidgeBack69
Outfitter

Post by RidgeBack69 »

fantamichele wrote:
Tanngnjostr wrote:

You have to buy 85 weapons to get the results of the banner :?
And 8 of then are in docs shed so the weapon banner is impossible to get if someone wants to.
Spoiler:
rhapsodaisical
Scout

Post by rhapsodaisical »

so in my opinion its broken, and think EW should link the Ranks instead of the achievements :)
SoftShoe
Outfitter

Post by SoftShoe »

Tanngnjostr wrote: Most new players will hardly want to buy 60+ weapons just to get a background picture... :?
I would & in point of fact tried to do exactly that. I went & bought everything listed as Weapon Skills to try to get it. It wasnt until my banner didnt change that I did further research & realized the "award" was not attainable.

I agree with Rhap, change the award to be linked to weapons skills! Its great to have special "one off" weapons as rewards but they should not be linked to other awards excluding newer players.

Return to “Website suggestions”