Animal Leaderboard for each Huntable Area?

Pretty_Boy
Outfitter

Animal Leaderboard for each Huntable Area?

Post by Pretty_Boy »

Maybe this is a bad idea, idk, my intensions are good:

1. The main Animal Leaderboard stays as it is today.
2. Add Animal Leaderboard for each Huntable Area.

Reason:
Just for fun :)

Maybe another reason:
Oh, you are looking for the biggest Red Deer, dude you are on the wrong map. Heard that one before?

So at the end it will be something like this:

1. Want to check the Leaderboard, click on score as we do today.

2.1. Want to check out the Red Deer Leaderboard for Val-des-Bois:
From the Leaderboard page, add a button called "Area/Val-des-Bois".

2.2. Want to check out the Red Deer Leaderboard for Hirschfelden:
From the Leaderboard page, add a button called "Area/Hirschfelden".

Where Area is the main button and the name Val-des-Bois and Hirschfelden are options.

So, if HooCairs have harwested the biggest Female Red Deer, lets say on Hirschfelden, and it's the total biggest one,
then JimboCrow can cay, dude, I know I don't have the biggest Female Red Deer, but I got a least the biggest one in Val-des-Bois!

Peace HooCairs & JimboCrow, I chose your names accidentally, no bad feelings I hope ;)

Happy Hunting :)

ronMctube
Chat Logger

Re: Animal Leaderboard for each Huntable Area?

Post by ronMctube »

also would be nice if animals with similar scores could be looked at as some have loads of the same scores. makes them unappealing to go for when they could be fun to hunt for the sake of adding extra decimals in the scores so they are all different.

scores and competition in this game are a important part of keeping it interesting and a purpose of playing.
Generalkommendant
Hunter

Post by Generalkommendant »

I wouldn't say no to this suggestion. Who would?
Any type of figures and statistics are a huge part of this game. C'mon, we're shooting pixels here with a random number on. So more statistics to the people! :ugeek:
(I bet caledonianblues will have it in UHC before the end of the year).
VonStratos
Outfitter

Post by VonStratos »

I would add that where applicable there could be a females leaderboard, there are animals where the females have scores like reindeer or ducks, and doesn't show in the leaderboard, but can have scores than can be near to the males, would be interesting to see high scoring females too in their own leaderboard.

ImageImage
"Turkeys...the only animal smarter than man."
Generalkommendant
Hunter

VonStratos wrote:I would add that where applicable there could be a females leaderboard, there are animals where the females have scores like reindeer or ducks, and doesn't show in the leaderboard, but can have scores than can be near to the males, would be interesting to see high scoring females too in their own leaderboard.
And it would make sense to shoot them from the beginning other than adding to the hunterscore.
Tod1d
Lead Moderator
Lead Moderator

Post by Tod1d »

How about dynamic filters on the leaderboard, filter by gender, species, reserve, weapon, weapon type, platform, organs hit... ?? :)
Sort by weight, score, ascending or descending....
It's "Tod", with one bloody 'd'!
Generalkommendant
Hunter

Tod1d wrote:How about dynamic filters on the leaderboard, filter by gender, species, reserve, weapon, weapon type, platform, organs hit... ?? :)
I feel the <UHC> vibrations...

The more the better actually. It would go so far that I'm interested checking my lowest scoring female roe deer shot from closest range. There's no limit. I think they SHOULD put some more effort in this matter.
It appears they've underestimated the importance of this functions, big time! (Caugh caugh... PB's! Caugh caugh...)
Tod1d
Lead Moderator
Lead Moderator

Post by Tod1d »

Generalkommendant wrote:
Tod1d wrote:How about dynamic filters on the leaderboard, filter by gender, species, reserve, weapon, weapon type, platform, organs hit... ?? :)
I feel the <UHC> vibrations...
Unfortunately, you don't! We don't have access to the entire database, and that's what this would require. Plus a very fast & efficient interface, maybe NOSQL??? (<-- David's wheelhouse)

I suspect the efficiency is the reason they haven't done it yet, or reinstated the Personal Bests. Small company, not enough server power to support all the fancy doohickeys (functionality).

We can dream ;)
It's "Tod", with one bloody 'd'!

Return to “Website suggestions”