Gallery to score sheet button

VonStratos
Outfitter

Gallery to score sheet button

Post by VonStratos »

The thing is, in gallery you have 2 buttons in each picture, share and delete, and the picture show only the score, but wouldn't be nice to have a button that linked to the score sheet of the animal? there is a lot more data that you may want to know or remember when you see a very old pic, or pictures from other players animals, like what area was hunted?, what was the weight? what ammo?, what time of day?, etc. ;)

ImageImage
"Turkeys...the only animal smarter than man."
Tod1d
Lead Moderator
Lead Moderator

Re: Gallery to score sheet button

Post by Tod1d »

Great idea, and probably pretty simple to implement.
It's "Tod", with one bloody 'd'!
Dubitabilus
Hunter

Post by Dubitabilus »

*Dubitabilus used Revive*

I wholeheartedly support this suggestion, and others like it.
I know that back when the UHC website was still active, the Trophy Shot checker tool could extract some data to validate the the trophy shot against the scoresheet.
So there must be some association between trophy shots and scoresheets somewhere on the backend.

Even simply listing the animal id with the trophy shots would be a huge help in locating that memorable trophy from many hunts ago.
Semper vigilans, Numquam dubitabilis - "Always Vigilant, Never Doubtful"
https://www.boone-crockett.org/minimum- ... n-big-game
Spoiler:

Brutus969
Scout

Post by Brutus969 »

Fantastic idea, and I can't imagine this being difficult to do!
What weapon earns you the most from missions? How can I see at a glance all the missions I can currently do in a given reserve? Check out https://missionitemtool.herokuapp.com/

xOEDragonx

Post by xOEDragonx »

Several years ago, trophy shots used to be tied to scoresheets (although not the other way around). When you viewed a scoresheet for an animal, the trophy shot of said animal appeared right on the scoresheet and you could easily view it. At some point this feature was taken away and I want to say it had something to do with... data recalling and the servers or something? Like it was extra unnecessary stress on the game servers to recall that extra data? I honestly don't know the details, I just know that used to be a feature and they obviously had an argument for removing it at some point.

It would be wonderful if they brought that back AND did this too. That way one could go from trophy shot to scoresheet or vice versa freely. I'm just not sure if they can or will since they were able to justify taking such a similar feature away a few years back.
Tod1d
Lead Moderator
Lead Moderator

Post by Tod1d »

The Scoresheet -> Gallery photo data is still there. They just took the photo off the scoresheet.
If you "Inspect" a scoresheet, and search for the word, "photo", it will give you the photo ID.

There has never been a way to get back to the scoresheet from the gallery. This would indeed be cool.
They would just need to embed the animal ID into the photo name, or make a cross reference database table.

If you look in your local screenshots folder you can see the date/time of the harvest
It's "Tod", with one bloody 'd'!

Return to “Website suggestions”