Purchase NEW items as Gift!

HD_Artworks
Outfitter

Purchase NEW items as Gift!

Post by HD_Artworks »

Hi, everyone.
I hope you all have a great time. ;)

I think this suggesed before, but, I'm not talking about giving away our items in inventory to our friends. I'm talking about Buy new items as gift! :)
So, for example, I have the .405 rifle and I decided to purchase another one as a gift and give that to Marc(Tanngnjostr)! :D

1- You have to go to the .405 page on the store:
Spoiler:
2- Enable the checkbox "Purchase as Gift". After you enable the checkbox, a popup will open and ask you to put the profile's name and the URL of your friend:
Spoiler:
3- Right now, I want to purchase this rifle for Marc! :D
Spoiler:
4- After you press OK button, if you put the name and the URL correct, you will see his name in parentheses! Right now you can see "Tanngnjostr" name)!
Spoiler:
So, all done! After this short process you can press the BUY button and the rifle will go into Tanngnjostr's inventory and he will recieve an Email or message about it! :D

So, this will not lose money for EW. Beside it could be more profitable for EW because some players can't purchase items for different reasons.

What do you think, guys?
Season Stats
Spoiler:
L3M182
Outfitter

Re: Purchase NEW items as Gift!

Post by L3M182 »

I like it. And it can’t hurt sales so I’m onboard aslong as it becomes a forum rule to not beg or request free stuff in threads. Be a good way of sorting out rewards for comps
FR_Bugs
Outfitter

Post by FR_Bugs »

Very interesting idea.
DYEUZ
Trophy Hunter

Post by DYEUZ »

Good idea , about buying items , any items for some friends .
How we would go about doing this , is another thing .

One thing that comes in mind real quick , is if you helped out couple of friends with , lets say hunting baited species , they could easily pay you back ( if they appreciate what you did for them and are that kind of person ;) ) by buying you bait, as a thank you gift !

I like the idea .

BCKidd's 2019 COMMUNITY COMPS SERIES CHAMPIONSHIP
FIRST PLACE
MASTER HUNTER TROPHY

Tanngnjostr
Master Hunter

Post by Tanngnjostr »

Of course I like this idea, Hossein. But since I already own the .405, feel free to buy me some tree stands. Can't have enough of those! :D
Image Image Image
xOEDragonx

Post by xOEDragonx »

I would enjoy this feature. There isn't really anything wrong with just sending ems to people, but sometimes I wish I could just send items instead. It would allow me to spend my own ems on someone else if I already have the ems and maybe don't want to spend more money at a particular time. It would allow me to send small gifts, like the bait idea mentioned above. It would allow item prizes in community competitions to be handed out without the help of a staff member. Sometimes, giving the gift of an item is just more desirable than giving out money.

If it wouldn't be too difficult for them to implement, I'd love to see this feature added. I imagine there would also need to be some kind of automated notification on the receiver's end that they've received a gift item. The current method I see with ems/membership codes is to send them via in-game messaging or even messaging systems outside of theHunter so the receiver can redeem them, but if the item was to be sent directly to a person's account, they would need to be notified they've received a gift (of course the gifter could just tell them they sent a gift item, but you know there are going to be people who don't so it's a surprise or whatever, then the receiver will buy the item themselves not realizing they already received one as a gift, then they'd both be contacting EW to try to get things fixed :lol:)
Tanngnjostr
Master Hunter

Post by Tanngnjostr »

xOEDragonx wrote:I imagine there would also need to be some kind of automated notification on the receiver's end that they've received a gift item.
I would go even further: There's people I don't want gifts from. Either it should be restricted to people in your friends list or it should be possible to reject a gift - which would probably mean that the em$ needs to be refunded automatically to the person trying to make the gift.
Image Image Image
BuiuRei
Trophy Hunter

Post by BuiuRei »

Tanngnjostr wrote:
xOEDragonx wrote:I imagine there would also need to be some kind of automated notification on the receiver's end that they've received a gift item.
I would go even further: There's people I don't want gifts from. Either it should be restricted to people in your friends list or it should be possible to reject a gift - which would probably mean that the em$ needs to be refunded automatically to the person trying to make the gift.
The last one is a great idea; liking how this thread is evolving!
Spoiler:
HD_Artworks
Outfitter

Post by HD_Artworks »

It's good to see everyone like this idea! :D
With this feature, comps rewards will be more unique! For example, the #1 can get some em$ and a new weapon or whatever he likes to have! :D

And as DYUEZ said, we can even gift some baits or other consumables to our friends! For example, I'll gift some bait or scent eliminator to the friend that helped me on a mission, or something like that! ;)
Tanngnjostr wrote:Of course I like this idea, Hossein. But since I already own the .405, feel free to buy me some tree stands. Can't have enough of those! :D
Haha! Send gift to you is a little hard since you have almost all rifles! :D But, of course, I'll send you some TS if this feature implemented to test it if the feature is working correct or not! :P
xOEDragonx wrote:There isn't really anything wrong with just sending ems to people, but sometimes I wish I could just send items instead.
Exactly, sometimes gift a 600em$ rifle will make our friends happier than gift a 1000em$! :) And we can do that a few times in a month instead of gift a 1000em$ once! ;)
Tanngnjostr wrote:I would go even further: There's people I don't want gifts from. Either it should be restricted to people in your friends list or it should be possible to reject a gift - which would probably mean that the em$ needs to be refunded automatically to the person trying to make the gift.
Yes, this could be cool! Maybe we could Block the people we don't like/want to receive a gift from.
Or maybe this feature(Purchase as Gift) doable only between friend lists! So, if someone is not in our friend list, we can't send a gift to him/her! So, first we have to add that person into our friend list, then we can send a gift to him/her!
Season Stats
Spoiler:
mapache01
Outfitter

Post by mapache01 »

Woow!! that's a nice and great idea

+1

Return to “Website suggestions”