Calander, Journal, Season Planner Function

InvisibleFlame9
Hunter

Calander, Journal, Season Planner Function

Post by InvisibleFlame9 »

I'm not sure what to call this thread exactly but I was thinking today how useful it would be to have some sort of 'calander' and 'note taking' functionality on the website profile. I'm often finding myself needing to remember dates, events, and planning hunts. It's inconvenient to have to write it out on paper separately or store extra documents apart from the game. If I am creating these separate sheets on the side, MS Word and Excel are nice for that but it would wonderful to have some kind of functionality for these things on my main account profile. Even a very simple and basic way of having a calander in game that offers space for making notes on certain days would be helpful. The 'hunter mate' gives us very basic ability to plan a hunt (not much). But what if we could have something to plan the year, season, or month? Is that practical? It's probably not at the top of my list but it would be useful.

That said, I have two questions for the community:
~What are your thoughts about this?
~Does anyone use MS Excel for things related to The Hunter and do you have helpful 'templates/sheets' you would like to share? There's a nerdy side of me that enjoys data and spreadsheets. :ugeek:
Tanngnjostr
Master Hunter

Re: Calander, Journal, Season Planner Function

Post by Tanngnjostr »

InvisibleFlame9 wrote:~Does anyone use MS Excel for things related to The Hunter and do you have helpful 'templates/sheets' you would like to share? There's a nerdy side of me that enjoys data and spreadsheets. :ugeek:
I have an Excel/LibreOffice spreadsheet to keep track of my personal bests and one that lists all weapons with the most important (imo) information about them. I'm willing to share it with you (and others, if interested) later when I'm back from work.
Image Image Image
InvisibleFlame9
Hunter

Yes please DO share! That would be awesome! I'd like to see what you've got. :)
Tanngnjostr
Master Hunter

Post by Tanngnjostr »

InvisibleFlame9 wrote:Yes please DO share! That would be awesome! I'd like to see what you've got. :)
I'll post a link to it as soon as my boss and my wife grant me some free time! :D
Image Image Image
Tanngnjostr
Master Hunter

Post by Tanngnjostr »

I've uploaded my spreadsheet, you can access it via this link:
http://s000.tinyupload.com/index.php?fi ... 3771692568

It's an .ods file created with LibreOffice, but MS Office (Excel) should be able to read it. Nothing spectacular, but a small template for manually keeping track of your own personal bests, some basic information about all species (unfortunately for the newer ones there are no exact weights and max scores) and a weapons overview which should be up-to-date!
Image Image Image
InvisibleFlame9
Hunter

Tanngnjostr wrote:I've uploaded my spreadsheet, you can access it via this link:
http://s000.tinyupload.com/index.php?fi ... 3771692568

It's an .ods file created with LibreOffice, but MS Office (Excel) should be able to read it. Nothing spectacular, but a small template for manually keeping track of your own personal bests, some basic information about all species (unfortunately for the newer ones there are no exact weights and max scores) and a weapons overview which should be up-to-date!
Why has this thread been moved in such a way that it's not visible in the threads list? I had the hardest time following up with this thread.

Thanks for sharing your stuff but I couldn't access it. When I clicked on your link nothing happened. I don't know what that file sharing service is I've never heard of it but how about using 'drop box'? Everyone knows 'Drop Box' and it's trusted.

As far as the 'personal bests' ....Come on Expansive Worlds! You can do it. Minecraft isn't but a fraction of as expensive as what you charge for the The Hunter and Mod creators have done just about everything and given it for free. I have high expectations for the money I'm giving you. I'm not paying you just because you invented a new weapon.
Tanngnjostr
Master Hunter

Post by Tanngnjostr »

InvisibleFlame9 wrote:Why has this thread been moved in such a way that it's not visible in the threads list? I had the hardest time following up with this thread.
I checked with the mod tools and I can't see that this thread has been moved. But anyway: since it started as a suggestion for the website (a calendar and kind of notepad), it is now where it belongs.
InvisibleFlame9 wrote:Thanks for sharing your stuff but I couldn't access it. When I clicked on your link nothing happened. I don't know what that file sharing service is I've never heard of it but how about using 'drop box'? Everyone knows 'Drop Box' and it's trusted.
Here's a dropbox link: https://www.dropbox.com/s/p844tvviqt9mr ... s.ods?dl=0
Image Image Image

Return to “Website suggestions”