Animal/trophy search function

Beano8U
Scout

Animal/trophy search function

Post by Beano8U »

Not sure if the idea has been posted or not, had a quick flick through. Was thinking about a search option tonight for harvested animals.
Was thinking about the leaderboards and the highest scoring animals I have and was wondering if I have had any others close to the top score and how many have been close throughout the seasons I have hunted (even compare my personal bests and how many animals are within a certain range)
Would be nice to be able to search for Non-Typicals or rare furs etc too.
Not sure how difficult it would be to implement as I am not too great with programming, but the idea seems simple enough as the data is accessible to anyone if they want to dig through it all.
I think a search function would be a nice addition to the browser/launcher, showing results of say, Whitetail scores over 150. Show a list of all the Whitetails that I (or even another player's profile) have harvested over 150 score.
Would be nice to have the NT or rare search too as I feel I may have missed one or 2 when I first started. I have harvested many geese without even looking at them until recently learning there are rares. I am sure I may have missed one or 2 surely.
Keen to see how friends are doing too and compare. Perhaps even have a comparison list between 2 players showing Whitetail Deer scoring over 150?
Just a thought

Tanngnjostr
Master Hunter

Re: Animal/trophy search function

Post by Tanngnjostr »

I'm not sure if it was difficult to implement, but I remember that one of the devs (David?) once told us that such a search function could increase database queries quite a bit and that it might produce costs that don't justify the gain.
Image Image Image

Return to “Website suggestions”