Discounts

DeL1DuMRuLL

Discounts

Post by DeL1DuMRuLL »

Wouldn't it be better to say these discounts earlier? . Everyone adjusts their money accordingly . I respect those who have opposite opinions but I believe that it will be very comforting for those who have financial problems.
Bütün Türkler Bir Gün Ansınızın Delireceklerdir! O Zaman Tanrı TÜRK'ü Değil Sizi Korusun!
Hawkeye
Outfitter

Re: Discounts

Post by Hawkeye »

Wouldn't be a very smart move for EW. If, for example, they announced that heated tents will be on sale 2 weeks from now, then they wouldn't sell any heated tents in the 2 weeks leading up to the sale. It wouldn't make sense to hamstring their own revenue stream.
DeL1DuMRuLL

Post by DeL1DuMRuLL »

Hawkeye wrote:Wouldn't be a very smart move for EW. If, for example, they announced that heated tents will be on sale 2 weeks from now, then they wouldn't sell any heated tents in the 2 weeks leading up to the sale. It wouldn't make sense to hamstring their own revenue stream.
Will you give me the following answer? Are the interests of the players or are your interests important . If you make announcements a day or two ago, how will your commercial tactics be destroyed? :?:
Bütün Türkler Bir Gün Ansınızın Delireceklerdir! O Zaman Tanrı TÜRK'ü Değil Sizi Korusun!
caledonianblues
Master Hunter

Post by caledonianblues »

DeL1DuMRuLL wrote:
Hawkeye wrote:Wouldn't be a very smart move for EW. If, for example, they announced that heated tents will be on sale 2 weeks from now, then they wouldn't sell any heated tents in the 2 weeks leading up to the sale. It wouldn't make sense to hamstring their own revenue stream.
Will you give me the following answer? Are the interests of the players or are your interests important . If you make announcements a day or two ago, how will your commercial tactics be destroyed? :?:
I can't speak for Hawkeye, but I believe he has the bests interests and the sustainability of the game at heart. He also answered the question spot on. It would not be a wise commercial decision for Expansive Worlds to announce sales in advance. It would be great for players, from a financial planning point of view, but it would almost certainly have a negative impact on revenue, and it would create dips in revenue caused by players holding off to buy items in the sale.
L3M182
Outfitter

Post by L3M182 »

well ive never known any game or retailer of anything for that matter tell you what wil be on sale and when, and thats done for obvious reasons stated above. i have however seen companies announce a sale is on its way and EW do do that. We get told although after a while we dont need to because its become routine that sales will accompany a seasonal or major sporting event. It will usually be fitting for whatever the animal or rules of the comp are and will rotate through a fair bit of the store content over the course of an event.

so basically what im saying is, if yove got a few em$ burning a hole in your pocket and youre daft enough buy a load of tree-stands and tents and its 2 weeks before Halloween, Easter or Xmas, expect tears
Hawkeye
Outfitter

Post by Hawkeye »

DeL1DuMRuLL wrote:
Well, as I AM a player, those interests are one and the same. As caledonianblues correctly pointed out, I am interested in the longevity of this game. Making bad sales decisions goes against that goal. I also spent a number of years analyzing retail sales data, and it's standard practice to NOT announce upcoming promotions, unless you have accounted for the preceding reduction in sales in some other way. I don't think it takes somebody with my experience to recognize that though, as I believe it's pretty well commonly accepted. We can't just put on blinders and pretend these realities don't exist just to try to save some money on tents.

What do you think would happen to Steam's game sales if they announced Winter Sales games & price points a month in advance? What would happen to Steam's revenue leading up to the promotion?
DeL1DuMRuLL

Post by DeL1DuMRuLL »

Hawkeye wrote:
DeL1DuMRuLL wrote:
Well, as I AM a player, those interests are one and the same. As caledonianblues correctly pointed out, I am interested in the longevity of this game. Making bad sales decisions goes against that goal. I also spent a number of years analyzing retail sales data, and it's standard practice to NOT announce upcoming promotions, unless you have accounted for the preceding reduction in sales in some other way. I don't think it takes somebody with my experience to recognize that though, as I believe it's pretty well commonly accepted. We can't just put on blinders and pretend these realities don't exist just to try to save some money on tents.

What do you think would happen to Steam's game sales if they announced Winter Sales games & price points a month in advance? What would happen to Steam's revenue leading up to the promotion?
I understand you. But I'm not talking about a longer period of time I'm trying to say . An announcement can be made within at least 2 days . Everyone agrees that the company makes a pretty good profit. However, if you do not consider the demands of your existing players, how do we hope to address a wider audience? . This is my personal opinion and it will be much more profitable to appeal to a broad audience without being overwhelmed by both the firm owner and the players. Also thanks for your response.

Return to “Website suggestions”