Add Bitcoin to payment options

HD_Artworks
Outfitter

Add Bitcoin to payment options

Post by HD_Artworks »

Hi, guys.
I hope you all are fine and have a great time. :)

I live in a country that should deal with a lot of trade sanctions. So, we can't buy stuff directly from the internet. There are some workarounds but it cost more money of course.
One of the best options for us to buy stuff from the internet is BitCoin. With BitCoin, I can buy em$ and memberships directly from the website without any problems.
There is no need to pay the money to someone else to buy. For example, I bought a few em$ before. For buy em$, I go to a steam wallet card reseller websites in Iran and I pay some extra money to buy $10 USD. Then they give me the steam wallet code. Then I gave that code to Marc and he bought em$ for me! (Thanks to him.)
Every time I paid about $3 USD extra money to those websites to buy $10 USD! So, this is so expensive for me!

But if there was BitCoin option to buy em$, I can buy whatever I like without any external websites! And of course, there is no need to pay extra money!

I think adding BitCoin option will be a good feature! Not just for me. There are more players like me of course.

So, what do you think? I like to read your opinions about this. And I'll appreciate if EW looks at this thread.

Thanks.
Have fun. ;)
Last edited by HD_Artworks on July 12th, 2017, 10:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Season Stats
Spoiler:
caledonianblues
Master Hunter

Re: Add Bitcoin to payment options

Post by caledonianblues »

Nobody at Expansive Worlds chooses the payment methods. Paymentwall is the payment gateway of choice and Paymentwall decides which payment options are available for each country. You can view the list here.

Paymentwall adds and removes payment methods from countries as they see fit, and there can be any number of reasons for this. Sometimes payment options exist for transactions over (or under) a certain amount, but not for other amounts. I noticed many payment methods being removed when I lived back in the UK and, at the time, I contacted David Lucas to see if there was anything that could be done. Unfortunately the answer was "no", and that remains the case today. If Paymentwall ever adds the option to accept Bitcoin, then you will definitely be able to use it. Unfortunately Iran is not even listed in the dropdown menu on the page I've linked to above, which of course is most unfortunate.
HD_Artworks
Outfitter

Re: Add Bitcoin to payment options

Post by HD_Artworks »

Thanks for the answer, David. Really appreciate it.
Even I can't open the paymentwall's website! They blocked Iran's IP! I have to open it with a VPN! Same as eBay, Nvidia and other websites! This is really annoying.
This is not the first time I see this problem! In most of the websites, Iran is not in the country list! That is funny!
I think I should deal with paying $3 USD extra money everytime I want to buy $10 USD(1000em$)! Or maybe I stop thinking about buying anything at all! :|

Anyways, thanks again for clarifying it. ;)
Season Stats
Spoiler:

Return to “Website suggestions”