Weapon & Accessory Try Outs

Diskid86

Weapon & Accessory Try Outs

Post by Diskid86 »

I was unsure as whether this post should go here on the weapon & weapon accessory boards, but since it applies to more than just weapon accessories, I thought it would fit better here. Please move it if it belongs on another board.

Anyway, I'm looking into subscribing soon and purchasing a few more weapons and such and thought it would be a nice idea to be able to "try out" a weapon or accessory before purchasing it, just to make sure you like it. I don't know how hard it would be to code, but perhaps whatever weapon, accessory, sight, etc you are interested in could have a "test out" option in which the item is placed in your inventory for 5-10 rl minutes. You can then go to a reserve and test out the item for that time span at the shooting range at that reserve only - once you leave the shooting range the trial item is removed from you inventory, preventing any kills with a "free" item if it is a weapon or weapon accessory. Additionally, perhaps you only get to trail the weapon once for free, if you want to trial it at a shooting range again you have to pay a nominal price?

I just think it would help people decide if they really want that scope or those sunglasses, or help them decide if they want the 30-06 or the buffalo rifle, etc instead of paying out, potentially real money, on something they're not entirely happy with.
caledonianblues
Master Hunter

Re: Weapon & Accessory Try Outs

Post by caledonianblues »

This has been requested before, and makes sense from a customer perspective. I like the proposal to limit the use to gun ranges so as not to impact skills, achievements or ranks. However, it would require effort to implement and the end result would be a system that could potentially cost the company revenue. I expect there are many items in many inventories that, given the choice, players would not have bought had they been given the opportunity to try them first. So what you're proposing is a system that could encourage potential buyers to think twice. That's great for the customer, but terrible for the company. A feature costly to implement that would most likely trigger ongoing loss of sales.

I don't see it happening, personally.
Dubitabilus
Hunter

Post by Dubitabilus »

If I recall correctly, was there not a previous suggestion where players should be able to lend equipment to fellow players in the same server? I'm not sure whether this suggestion has been shutdown yet though. The best we are able to get at this moment are the youtube review videos.
Semper vigilans, Numquam dubitabilis - "Always Vigilant, Never Doubtful"
https://www.boone-crockett.org/minimum- ... n-big-game
Spoiler:

Tanngnjostr
Master Hunter

Post by Tanngnjostr »

Dubitabilus wrote:If I recall correctly, was there not a previous suggestion where players should be able to lend equipment to fellow players in the same server? I'm not sure whether this suggestion has been shutdown yet though. The best we are able to get at this moment are the youtube review videos.
We had suggestions about being able to lend equipment. And probably the same applies... it would be great from a customer perspective, but would most likely affect sales, so I don't think this will be happening either. That doesn't mean that this suggestion has been "shutdown", just that there are good reasons not to expect something like this despite the fact that it's a good idea for players.
Image Image Image

Return to “Website suggestions”