Fix the personal best page!

RexFox

Fix the personal best page!

Post by RexFox »

Seriously, why does it have to de-activated all the time? It's a important part of the game!

caledonianblues' player stats web site doesn't properly work at the moment, so now we're all forced to keep a spreadsheet.

Ridiculous.... fix it for once and for all! :evil: :evil:
Corsaire31
Tracker

Re: Fix the personal best page!

Post by Corsaire31 »

We're all players in this part of the forum, so we can't fix anything... :lol: I never trust games and always keep my own stats anyway. :)
Virtual pilot - virtual angler - virtual hunter ... real slacker !

waiora
Outfitter

Post by waiora »

The personal bests were disabled months ago as a temporary fix to some server lag issue. Since then it just became part of the list of forgotten "to be fixed" features.
RexFox

Post by RexFox »

waiora wrote:The personal bests were disabled months ago as a temporary fix to some server lag issue. Since then it just became part of the list of forgotten "to be fixed" features.
Actually they were live again a few weeks ago, but now it's disabled again.

But what kind of useless community is this? Sorry for being so harsh, but what have any of you done to get this fixed? I expected a lot more support! How on earth can we have a situation in which we're all eager to kill a trophy, set there is no way to check what our best trophies are so far. That is completely ridiculous!! It's a substantial part of this game! On top of that, this has been an issue for a long, long time!

Why on earth do any of you think it's acceptable to keep a spreadsheet updated? For Pete's sake, a lot of you have paid quite some money for that game, stop sitting there like a bunch of silent hamsters and demand a fix! It really maddens me that you take such a treatment from a developer for granted. They haven't even communicated why it's disabled again and when it will be fixed! :evil:
Fletchette
Trophy Hunter

Post by Fletchette »

RexFox wrote:
waiora wrote:The personal bests were disabled months ago as a temporary fix to some server lag issue. Since then it just became part of the list of forgotten "to be fixed" features.

But what kind of useless community is this? Sorry for being so harsh, but what have any of you done to get this fixed? I expected a lot more support! How on earth can we have a situation in which we're all eager to kill a trophy, set there is no way to check what our best trophies are so far. That is completely ridiculous!! It's a substantial part of this game! On top of that, this has been an issue for a long, long time!

Why on earth do any of you think it's acceptable to keep a spreadsheet updated? For Pete's sake, a lot of you have paid quite some money for that game, stop sitting there like a bunch of silent hamsters and demand a fix! It really maddens me that you take such a treatment from a developer for granted. They haven't even communicated why it's disabled again and when it will be fixed! :evil:
Yeah, well throwing a hissy-fit just isn't my style..... 8-)

( Also, I can see personal bests on the forum widget any time I want.)
Personal Bests...
BuiuRei
Trophy Hunter

Post by BuiuRei »

They were live and worked for every single season, which really amazed me.
That lasted what, two weeks?
Spoiler:
waiora
Outfitter

Post by waiora »

RexFox wrote:

None of us think its acceptable, we just learned that its probably not going to be changed.

For EW its ALL about the new content, there is along list of stuff that used to work or used to be perfect, that has been spoken about to no end and has received any love from the devs. They cant seem to grasp that for for newish players everything is new content, as in mule deer as just as important as grizzly bears, or Hirschfelden is just as important as TT. Go have a look at HF or RFF for example, the lighting problems that came with a patch around the Labradors are still there. They have never even been acknowledged. So what ever the issue is with personal bests, it might work from time to time, but I doubt we will see a permanent fix any time soon.
Tanngnjostr
Master Hunter

Post by Tanngnjostr »

RexFox wrote:But what kind of useless community is this?
How about being a part of it for a little longer than two weeks before judging? You will have to understand that over the years we have learnt that this game has deep internal issues (the engine is more than seven years old and a lot of devs - most of them gone today - have meddled with it) and a lot of them will probably never be fixed. You take it as it is or you will have to decide to leave... banging your head against a wall all the time doesn't make it more enjoyable!

Of course it would be nice if the personal bests page worked again, even if it's "just" stats and nothing gameplay wise. But as far as I remember it was somehow connected to the issue of hunts not closing properly and they cannot fix one without breaking the other. I hope they will find a solution one day, but I wouldn't bet on it.
Image Image Image
Margarita888
Spotter

Post by Margarita888 »

The forum widget allows us to see our bests/season, I don't see why it is such a problem in-game.
It doesn't need to be overly complicated, just a list where you can access the trophy sheets and photos, somethign the leaderboard already does.
Spoiler:
Margarita, EHR hunter since 2012.
DHRifleman
Team Hunter

Post by DHRifleman »

Tanngnjostr wrote:
RexFox wrote:But what kind of useless community is this?
How about being a part of it for a little longer than two weeks before judging? You will have to understand that over the years we have learnt that this game has deep internal issues (the engine is more than seven years old and a lot of devs - most of them gone today - have meddled with it) and a lot of them will probably never be fixed. You take it as it is or you will have to decide to leave... banging your head against a wall all the time doesn't make it more enjoyable!

Of course it would be nice if the personal bests page worked again, even if it's "just" stats and nothing gameplay wise. But as far as I remember it was somehow connected to the issue of hunts not closing properly and they cannot fix one without breaking the other. I hope they will find a solution one day, but I wouldn't bet on it.
Actually it was thought that it caused problems with the game closing, but disabling it at the time did not fix the problem. It was brought back for a bit and then removed again, and my thought is it has more to do with triple or more hits on the local servers to get the info from the main server.

To update the local server you needed to send a request to it, at which time it then sends a request to the main server to get the info localized. You then click on another season which sends another hit to the main server for that season, then you click back on the season you wanted and it shows the data.
So to see a seasons data, you are making 3 requests to the local server and 2 to the main server, which is not equitable at all. It may not seem like much, but it all counts toward the total cost of data transfer, and what is used to actually play the game. While the google cloud it great for getting the players a local server which makes gameplay much more reliable, it is lousy for statistical data sending and retrieving and quite costly to do effectively.
Unfortunately this game is heavily based on statistics, and the players want to see them, but they want good gameplay as well at a reasonable cost.

I personally would rather the signatures be removed from the forum, and the PB at least be brought back, even if they were only updated once a day.
The above statements are strictly my opinion, and should not be taken as fact, even if I believe them to be true.
Antlercreeklodge.com Tournaments
Permitted Weapons per Reserve By ClemD

Return to “Website suggestions”