Wounded animal crash bug [3846]

This forum is for reporting bugs or glitches that are specific for multiplayer game. Please add a summary of the bug in the topic title with description, titles with only "found a bug", "bug" and alike will be deleted.
Example title: Ducks bounce and disappear
vittring
Tracker

Wounded animal crash bug [3846]

Post by vittring »

Game Mode: MP

This one happens every now and then in multiplayer.
Any map, at least 2 players, over 1 hour of playtime.
Possible to replicate.

Scenario: An animal in wounded by a player and then left to roam for a long time, outside render distance. (in one case it was 2.5 hours from first wound to killshot)
After the animal has been running around wounded for a long period of time the animal is shot by another player, the game can crash for the player who shot that animal first, hours ago. I'm sure many have encountered this bug, I'm very sure this is what happens as the crash happens only for the player who shot the animal first and exactly at the same time as the animal is killed or harvested.
And the crash have happened under this circumstances for me and freinds many times.
It have happened so many times now I'm pretty sure I can rule out other reason why this happens.

This should be able to replicate easily by just wounding an animal and let someone else shoot it hours later.

System win7 64bit

Return to “Multiplayer”