Invisible Players [2923]

This forum is for reporting bugs or glitches that are specific for multiplayer game. Please add a summary of the bug in the topic title with description, titles with only "found a bug", "bug" and alike will be deleted.
Example title: Ducks bounce and disappear
Bucky1015
Spotter

Invisible Players [2923]

Post by Bucky1015 »

I've been have a problem of not being able to see any other players or their names when I join a multiplayer game, and I can only see others when somebody joins after I do. It's been happening since I joined, and is very annoying.
WKASA
Tracker

Re: Invisible Players [2923]

Post by WKASA »

This has been going on for some time now. The fix is to have the host change clothes and it works. A bit annoying, and it would be nice to be fixed, but I believe this is a graphics card issue. Some players do not have this problem in my server and then some do. If I change my shirt and pants, then resume game, it renders in the other players for that player that cannot see anything.

You can change clothes away from a lodge or tent by dragging the clothes item to the BOTTOM LEFT of the locked inventory box and LET GO. It will disappear and you'll have on the standard clothes AFTER you hit resume game. Then go into inventory and your clothes that you had on will be in your backpack and you can change back.

Hope they fix it, hope this helps.
hunterPRO1
Outfitter

Post by hunterPRO1 »

Been having this alot lately. Seems like it started around the time polar bear was released, I never had it before then but I know many did.
"you win some, you lose some, you wreck some."
Spoiler:
nosnerb
Outfitter

Post by nosnerb »

I never have this when I'm the hosy but I have the same problem with specific player when I join their game. Maybe it is a difference in computer quality?
WKASA
Tracker

Post by WKASA »

nosnerb wrote:I never have this when I'm the hosy but I have the same problem with specific player when I join their game. Maybe it is a difference in computer quality?

Yes, the host never has this problem. It's the players joining in. The host is the only one that can fix it.
BUT I have found that if the players join at a lodge and fast travel to another lodge it fixes it. So it has to be a video card issue not rendering in the players. jmo.
METALEAGLE
Spotter

Post by METALEAGLE »

I have also noticed that if you are running an AMD card "RAPTER APP"can cause this as well.Friends have to disable it to see :)

Return to “Multiplayer”