Multiplayer session not shown in browser [3050]

This forum is for reporting bugs or glitches that are specific for multiplayer game. Please add a summary of the bug in the topic title with description, titles with only "found a bug", "bug" and alike will be deleted.
Example title: Ducks bounce and disappear
TheTrueWanderer
Scout

Multiplayer session not shown in browser [3050]

Post by TheTrueWanderer »

Both my wife and I have tried to set up a multiplayer session so that we can't hunt together but while the session starts for which ever of us set it up it never shows in the others server list.

We have check and double checked settings and have used server names and the like which are impossible to miss but still they are not visible.

We can join other sessions hosted by other people and can both go on the same session but not one we have created ourselves.

We do both connect through the same router.

Anyone with any suggestions?
Trackfield
Scout

Re: Multiplayer session not shown in browser [3050]

Post by Trackfield »

I tried this today 4 times.

1. I hosted game, only pw protected (no lower or higher hunter score)
2. Friend found the game on the list, and joined (I was at a lodge, he joined at a tent) Worked fine.

3. Next time we tried, he could still see my server (I came into the game at the tent, and he could not join at the same tent) Could not connect to server.
4. Now whenever I start a mp game, he can't even see my mp server game at all. It just is not listed.

We have checked both of our firewalls, and thehunter game is allowed through, and udp port 32303 is allowed also for the game.

There have been no hardware or software changes on our computers.
Trackfield
Scout

MP games by friend not showing in search or browser

Post by Trackfield »

Game Mode:MP

Description:
My friend makes a game, I can't see his game.
I make a game, and he can't see my game.

Steps to Reproduce:
Have a friend or you make a game. Try to search by your friends name and nothing is found.
If you use refresh, you might see your friends game, and you can join, but when joining at a tent he is at, you can't join.
You might can join the maker of the game, if the player making the game comes in at a lodge (not tent)

Additional Information:
If trying to join, you get cannot connect to server.
This is via the Steam client.

OS & Version: Windows 7 on both computers, and to add these things in order
1. Had the both join at tent problem before and it was fixed. Now it is not working.
2. Even if entering the friends name, you can search and it will not show up.
3. Refresh only shows others games, and very rarely (I tried for 20 mins to join my friends game) it never showed up.
4. My friend is in the same house as me, and I tried to reference Bug Report only difference in that report is we are not on the same router, but at the same house.
5. very few games are shown, as if the server is not showing all games, and search function seems not to work.

I have searched MP bug reports, and other than the one referenced above, back in August 2014, I've seen no reports.
killertut
Master Hunter

Re: Multiplayer session not shown in browser [3050]

Post by killertut »

Merged two bug reports about MP Sessions not being shown in the launcher.

Feedback on my work as a moderator is always welcome!

Return to “Multiplayer”