Mallards breaking, then immediately returning to flock...

This forum is for reporting bugs or glitches that are specific for multiplayer game. Please add a summary of the bug in the topic title with description, titles with only "found a bug", "bug" and alike will be deleted.
Example title: Ducks bounce and disappear
Tuck_SFA
Hunter

Mallards breaking, then immediately returning to flock...

Post by Tuck_SFA »

I've made comments in both Mulltiplayer and regular forum areas about this issue and Blind Mole has just confirmed that it too is happening to him.

I have only noticed this in Multiplayer. First with 3 players (three separate hunts) and just yesterday with just 2 players.

A flock approaches.
We call long distance caller.
Several ducks break.
Then within 2 seconds, the breaking birds do one of two things.
1. Return to flock
2. Fly away in another direction.
From this moment on, ALL flocks will act the same. No way to hunt after that. Must reset.

This does not happen right away. All 4 times that this has happened, we have had successful hunts. At least 10 to 15 (maybe even 30) flocks have flown over before this action occurs. This last time (2 player), we only left the blind twice to collect and returned and stayed in the blind. After the first 'return to flock', I switched to a different blind. No help. Same thing.

If you need more info, please let me know what it is you need. I haven't written down the co-ordinates, but I will get that and edit this message.

Tent location x: -1169 y: 8920
I am using all B&C clothing. Once with sunglasses.
Don't remember what the other players were wearing.

I tried on the Red Xmas Beanie to see if that would trigger the problem, but it didn't.
We went out to the surrounding area and fired our big guns to chase off any bear that for some reason, who knows, might be spooking the flocks.

We've tried a lot of things.
Spoiler:
TheDane

Re: Mallards breaking, then immediately returning to flock..

Post by TheDane »

3 others and me are getting the same problem with the ducks.
Jack.Grave
Outfitter

Post by Jack.Grave »

General question: Are you all in fowl-blinds and or you are out of blinds when they came in? If one or more hunters are out of fowl-blind, ducks can see him/her and spook (rejoin) the flock formation. Jack
Lapehunter
Outfitter

Post by Lapehunter »

Same problem here today and a few days after RB release. All players were in the Blind.

Image Image
TheDane

Post by TheDane »

@Jack.Grave Both in and out of blinds
Jack.Grave
Outfitter

Post by Jack.Grave »

:arrow: TheDane in your case mystery solved, if any hunter is out of blind (rest in blinds), none of ducks will aproach deeks. If huter(s) which is out of blind is in prone, they will come to deeks. Jack
acer8

Post by acer8 »

I can confirm this bug, has happened to me and some other guys multiple times before with all people present being in the duck blind.
Tuck_SFA
Hunter

Post by Tuck_SFA »

Interesting. When I play alone in MP, I never get this bug. When a certain friend logs into the game, the 1st flock that we see will be normal. But only that first flock. Thereafter, the bug is in full gear. This happens every time with this certain player. I am in Thailand and he is from Kasakstan (sp).

When hosting MP, I never get the bug of ducks bouncing high into the air and disappearing. But, another friend from the USA, joins my hunt and poof, they start bouncing off the map. Only to him, not to me. This happens EVERYTIME he joins me.

When hosting MP, I always see all the birds (at least I think so) but the friend above from the USA, only sees 1/3 of some of the flocks that fly over. Not all flocks, but just about 1/3.

When playing MP with another person from the USA and he is host, I get the bug of seeing less birds than he does. I only see the ducks when he shoots them and they fall from the sky.

My point is: It seems certain bugs happen with certain people and the bugs happen every time with that mix of hunters. In other words: We can duplicate the bug just by having a certain person join MP. 1st USA guy = bouncing ducks. Kasakstan guy = break -return to flock bug. etc.

It's as if we have different versions of the game. I and the 2 friends from the USA downloaded it from the main site. Don't know where the guy from Kasakstan got his.
Spoiler:
xAncalagonx
Outfitter

Post by xAncalagonx »

Had the exact same issue today...

Scenario:

2 waterfowl blinds
24 decoys
3 players in each blind

Ducks would break off and then immediately return to flock or fly off in a different direction.

We tried several things.
1. Only have one person using the caller in case multiple callers would scare off the ducks --- result, no change, ducks still returned immediately.
2. 3 people left, we removed the 2nd blind and had 3 people in a single blind... in case multiple blinds too close to eachother was causing some issues... result, no change, ducks still returned to flock immediately.
3. We removed the last waterfowl blind and repositioned it, in case there was an issue with the blind itself not working... result, no change, ducks still behaved same.

This issue is really game breaking when it comes to duck hunting as teams. No idea what triggers the bug. We had several people, with various weapons and people entered / left the blinds at different times (though never when there was a flock on the horizon).

This needs to be resolved otherwise team-oriented duck hunting is more of a frustration than fun. For my part I see no point in hosting multiplayer duck hunts again until this is resolved at least.
Burning Bridges
Hunter

Post by Burning Bridges »

I have seen it too, and for no apparent reason. 2 to 3 players in the blind, flocks start to separate then return to formation, every time. Restarted game and everything went back to normal.

However, in multiplayer there are some guys who keep running around outside the blinds, and you will see the same behaviour from the ducks (they may break off from flocks but will always return to formation). I made it a practice to warn and then kick those players, because it's impossible to hunt ducks with them.

Return to “Multiplayer”