Killed ducks stuck in air

This forum is for reporting bugs or glitches that are specific for multiplayer game. Please add a summary of the bug in the topic title with description, titles with only "found a bug", "bug" and alike will be deleted.
Example title: Ducks bounce and disappear
HunterGirl
Scout

Killed ducks stuck in air

Post by HunterGirl »

Anyone else had this big yet? Its so far only happened to me a couple times in multiplayer, the other day it happened 3 times in one hunt.

When you shoot a duck, it doesn't fall to ground. Instead it stays stuck in the air, sometimes slowly falling down in slow motion but never lands on the ground. It will still show the "dome" in the spot the duck is at, but you cannot harvest it. Also, you can not see them when you try to look at them with binoculars, but you can see them(sometimes they kind of flicker on and off) without them.
Jack.Grave
Outfitter

Re: Killed ducks stuck in air

Post by Jack.Grave »

This bug is caused by multiple firers hit same animal in exact same frame, system could not calculate properly who is owner of kill. Known issue (IMHO) and I believe it will be fixed soon. Jack
Mrmr123
Outfitter

Post by Mrmr123 »

This happens to me a lot, if two person or more shoot at the same duck at the same time, you get this bug as you described it, so on a session 3 ducks stuck in air, and when my friend left the game, the 3 ducks fell on the ground and i was able to harvest them... so when it happened again in the recent ducks comp, i told him lets try something, instead of you having to leave and loose an attempt so that i can collect those bugged ducks, i told him to try and fast travel to the nearest lodge... and it worked, once he left my area the ducks fell on the ground and was able to harvest them :D

So if you really need to harvest them, ask your partner to fast travel away from you, then he can come back once you harvest them.
ForstHeld
Outfitter

Post by ForstHeld »

For me it sometimes works when i was looking up in the air to the stuck duck while collecting them.
Burning Bridges
Hunter

Post by Burning Bridges »

I have seen this a few times.

Return to “Multiplayer”