Brown Bear hits

This forum is for reporting bugs or glitches that are specific for multiplayer game. Please add a summary of the bug in the topic title with description, titles with only "found a bug", "bug" and alike will be deleted.
Example title: Ducks bounce and disappear
INTIMID883R
Outfitter

Brown Bear hits

Post by INTIMID883R »

EDIT OK I just finished another hunt, longshots from 70m +/-.
Definitely a problem. Here are 3 screenshots taken by my friend. All 3 show plainly the arrows. No arrows are visible to me in either bear, and no hits were registered in the hunt.

Bears were also way too spooky. Half the time they were spooking when the arrow was released, and my bud said it sounded like I was standing right beside him shooting the recurve. Another Hunter in the MP game that was 650m from me fired his 9.3 and that sounded like he was standing under my stand, and spooked the heck out of the bears at my bait.

I have been doing long shots at Browns with the Recurve. Yesterday I had 2 bears hit, with 2 arrows in each bear 1 recurve and 1 tracer in each bear at 90m+/-. The bears would not die so I harvested one of them with a rifle to see if the hits showed up. No hits shown for bow.

Tried again tonight at closer range, and put 2 tracers and 1 reg recurve in one bear at 70m+/-. Had a friend in a treestand close to where I was shooting and he saw all 3 hits and the 3 arrows in the Bear. One high in neck, 1 high in back, and the other lower back just behind the rib cage. The later should have been intestine shot, to other 2 body.

As luck would have it the Bear finally started up the hill where my stand was located, and went right under me, never leaving my sight after he left the bait. There was not a single arrow showing to me but my buddy could still see the tracers in the bear as he went under my stand.

It would seem to me there is either a problem with the Bears or more likely a problem with the Recurve or using it in MP.
Spoiler:
robjul
Tracker

Re: Brown Bear hits

Post by robjul »

wow great work documenting the results. The devs need to look into this asap! pretty game breaking stuff. This is one of the most disappointing bugs that you have managed to prove.
have you managed to take animals recently from a group without the others spooking? it doesn't seem to matter how well i get the first animal the rest always spook and like you said its almost like its when the shot is fired...
INTIMID883R
Outfitter

Post by INTIMID883R »

I did receive and answer from support that this arrow and MP was something they were looking into. I don't know exactly what that means. If its broke WTH fix it.

The animals are spooking because the the spook distance or animal sensitivity is set way too far as is the noise made by weapons in MP. It is insane that a gunshot 800M away sounds like the barrel is stuck in your ear, and sends every animal around you fleeing at warp speed.

I should not be able to hear a bow released 80 m away from me but I can, like it is right under my stand, and it too sends animals on the 3 second 400m run. That brings up another issue. Fleeing speeds for bear, coyote, and fox are way too fast. Im not sure a cheetah can move as fast as these Bears do. And I know he can't move as fast as the coyote and fox.

Its past time to be looking into some of these problems that have been hanging around since mp release, and fix them.
Spoiler:
robjul
Tracker

Post by robjul »

You appear to have the bug that they claimed they fixed....http://news.thehunter.com/game-update-35/ multiplayer gun sounds not heard at the correct volume. i used to encounter this problem every multiplayer session but most of my regular hunting friends have stopped for now because of bugs so i cant confirm if its still there for me. i remember hearing shots like they were using my shoulder as a gun rest yet my friend was 800+m away and i can picture what it must be like for you. Same with bow shots like you said hearing the release from 100+m. I believe this is also related to a few other bugs, the player data seems to become confused and shot data, inventory, items used can all become confused. i have friends with achievements on weapons they dont own from my shots, we get the wrong messages for things like scent eliminator wearing off when not even using it, and i think at times the camo becomes confused between players wearing different outfits. one of my friends even claimed a 241m BB shot of mine and it just went to his profile. it even says my name in the B+C sheet under hunter! http://www.thehunter.com/an6rym0nk3y/sc ... =153859017

regarding the recurve, have you been able to shoot at a group and drop 1 without the rest spooking? im sure when i dropped the leading target from a group the rest continued along towards me. i used to see alot of multiple dead animals around me, where now i have to wait for the animals to return from being spooked by a falling animal. Im dropping them in the same way i used to but now the rest of the group spook with the recurve. i tried with the snakebite and it still works, u can drop one animal right next to another and they dont flinch. ill try the crossbow next :)
INTIMID883R
Outfitter

Post by INTIMID883R »

Actually yes it used to be that way. During Davids Coyote competition I could take out a whole group under my tree stand piling them up like cord wood, but not any more. Brown Bear spook on release, as do the yotes. I will admit that taking out the pack was very unrealistic and animals that close should hear the bow and jump the string, but not 70-80m away.
Spoiler:
robjul
Tracker

Post by robjul »

yeah agreed, to think that the animals behind the front one wouldnt spook when they obviously saw it fall to the ground is just ridiculous but it did make game balance interesting for guns vs bows. i could always forget the low power of the bows and the patience required to get really nice shots by having the ability to take multiple from the group in one go. Without this ability it feels like i should just shoot them with a rifle and guarantee the kill, and wait longer or go stalking after. looks like ill be going back to crossbow or snakebite when im done with the recurve :( shame as its my prefered choice.
mapache01
Outfitter

Post by mapache01 »

Well at leas you receive answer from EW staff i send mp explaining the 4 times the game kick me out without reason, and the last 5 kick out the host, we lost 4 bears trophy, 3 boars above 25+ and one sow at least 21+, that was on saturday and still no answer.

The 4 times i connect after 1st time server error my friend and i see the blood track of each previous bear i hit, two times we see the corps on different bears i shot and both times when we try to confirm with HM we were kicked out with server issue error msg.

So MP still had a serious bugs to play smooth the game.

Return to “Multiplayer”