VANISHING RED DEER AND RED FOX

This forum is for reporting bugs or glitches that are specific for multiplayer game. Please add a summary of the bug in the topic title with description, titles with only "found a bug", "bug" and alike will be deleted.
Example title: Ducks bounce and disappear
INTIMID883R
Outfitter

VANISHING RED DEER AND RED FOX

Post by INTIMID883R »

I had a MP hunt this morning for Red Deer. Hunting from treestand, I killed 6 Reds and a Fox that fell dead at the tree, and were just left laying as I had more coming in all the time. I had a rather large one come in which I shot that ran out of sight before it died. Not wanting to lose this big one, I left the stand and started tracking it down, leaving the rest just lay there. I found him about 150M from stand and claimed the kill and headed back to the Stand. Much to my surprise all of my dead animals had moved. The Red Deer had relocated from 20m to over 60m from where they were when I left to track the big male. The Fox was nowhere to be found.

Needless to say I was a little confused about the moving of dead animals, So I decided to see If I could recreate the situation. We logged out and started another hunt at the same place with the following results. This time when I left to track the fleeing animal and returned to the stand every single animal was completely gone, and I never did find the fleeing Red. I did kill a Fox while tracking that I claimed with the HM. This time I took screenshots of my dead animals before I left to go tracking... PICTURES SAY IT ALL.

ANIMALS PRIOR TO TRACKING.
TO LEFT OF STAND

FRONT OF STAND

RIGHT OF STAND

AFTER RETURN FROM TRACKING

TO LEFT OF STAND

RIGHT OF STAND

FRONT OF STAND BLOOD STILL ON GROUND

MORE BLOOD STILL THERE ON RIGHT

BLOOD STILL THERE ON LEFT

I circled the area several times out to 100m away and never found a single animal. I also never found the fleeing Red that I was tracking. The blood trail just came to an abrupt end.

Does anyone else see this as a serious problem?????
Spoiler:
Flanker305
Trophy Hunter

Re: VANISHING RED DEER AND RED FOX

Post by Flanker305 »

Very weird indeed. Also a very constructive post - well done. I would love to hear a 'official' statement on this one.
Daniel G Gustafsson
EW Staff
EW Staff

Post by Daniel G Gustafsson »

We're you playing singleplayer or multiplayer? If multiplayer, as a host or client? How many other players were playing? Were you alone in that part of the map or were there any other players?
INTIMID883R
Outfitter

Post by INTIMID883R »

Daniel G Gustafsson wrote:We're you playing singleplayer or multiplayer? If multiplayer, as a host or client? How many other players were playing? Were you alone in that part of the map or were there any other players?
I was in MP as client with 1 other person. He was not within 1500m of me. No one picked up the animals, they just vanished. All the blood spots were there, but when tried to follow there was nothing but back track.

While you are looking help me with this one. http://forum.thehunter.com/viewtopic.php?f=102&t=47297
Spoiler:
Veniathan
Tracker

Post by Veniathan »

Rather similar issue I had.

My friend and I were hunting a roe deer, little buck. We were both supposed to take him out with bow, and we shot at him. For me he ran about 2 meters then suddenly stopped. For my friend he ran further somehow.

When I looked back where he was, he was gone. Just floating antlers in the air. And animal vanished way over the river. When we went to harvest it, he could see it but not I. Have no screenshots really.
gunrangejohn
Outfitter

Post by gunrangejohn »

maffi2k had this problem the other day in MP with me ;)
didn't happen much thank god.

Return to “Multiplayer”