Harvest gets counted for the wrong player

This forum is for reporting bugs or glitches that are specific for multiplayer game. Please add a summary of the bug in the topic title with description, titles with only "found a bug", "bug" and alike will be deleted.
Example title: Ducks bounce and disappear
petunia
Tracker

Harvest gets counted for the wrong player

Post by petunia »

Bug Report
Game Mode: MP
Hunter Name: Petunia (Host), Heliah

Description:
In a session with a friend (mine: https://www.thehunter.com/#profile/petu ... n/96830436, theirs: https://www.thehunter.com/#profile/heliah/statistics) at least one magpie goose I shot with the new 12ga semiautomatic got counted for them. This is the goose in question: https://www.thehunter.com/#profile/heli ... /746099227 The session statistics also show zero shots but one harvest for them plus the achievement for the first harvest with the 12ga semiauto. I was the host in this session.

Steps to Reproduce:
We didn't do anything special so I don't know how to provoke this bug. Start an MP session, have a friend join, shoot geese.

My Computer
OS & Version: 64bit Win7 SP1
Colin Walker
Scout
Location: ScouseLand, United Kingdom 53°28'58.9"N 2°52'51.4"W

Re: Harvest gets counted for the wrong player

Post by Colin Walker »

This is not a bug, hunters do not have to shoot the animals to be credited with the kill,
the person who collects the animal gets the credit.

You will see post where people are struggling on a mission and ask for help, so a hunter
helps in killing for the other to collect.
Season 39

Range record- Season 23, Season 25, Season 37 Dall Sheep
PB range, Xbow 580.470, Bow 471.180, Rifle 609.050 , Pistol 274.90, No scope rifle 571.280

2016 Season 16
HooCairs
Champion Hunter

Post by HooCairs »

Colin Walker wrote:This is not a bug, hunters do not have to shoot the animals to be credited with the kill,
the person who collects the animal gets the credit.

You will see post where people are struggling on a mission and ask for help, so a hunter
helps in killing for the other to collect.
Actually the person who does the killing shot of an animal must have it in their hunt history, must have it added to their stats, must have it added to their achievements, will have it count for competitions.

The person picking it up will not have any of this. Only if they have a mission open and the animal fulfills all requirements, it will count against the mission.

For the OP: This is a rare occurence, hard to reproduce. I would not bother tbh unless it happens again.
My Youtube theHunter Wiki
Spoiler:
Mattb85
Spotter

Post by Mattb85 »

I also had this happen to me a couple days ago. I was credited for a kill that another guy shot. Same situation, it was a magpie goose, and I received an achievement for my first kill with a gun I don't own.
Mattb85
Spotter

Post by Mattb85 »

This just happened again last night. A buddy collected a wild boar I shot, and he was given credit for the kill (as well as his first kill with a gun he doesn't own).

Return to “Multiplayer”