Thumbs Up or Thumbs Down

Post by SmellyVanDoodle »

Is it possible to add a thumbs up or down to a new topic in the forum
Rather than a comment to a comment
Beano8U
Scout

Re: Thumbs Up or Thumbs Down

Post by Beano8U »

Thumbs up to that. Been wondering about that for a while now. Would be nice to have that option :D

pirahna590
Hunter

Post by pirahna590 »

Makes sense, though its somewhat known that EW doesnt want us filling up the forums with "+1" when we agree with someones post ... perhaps a like option to the comment itself rather then making a new post with a like? Like how facebook has the like option to individual posts? Then again, EW seems to prefer the individuals who like or agree with something to comment with their own oppinion as to why we like or agree with something too, so IDK ... I like the Like option tho :D
Tanngnjostr
Master Hunter

Post by Tanngnjostr »

Moved to <Forums Feedback & Suggestions>
Image Image Image
DYEUZ
Trophy Hunter

Post by DYEUZ »

People will want and will always want to give their opinions ( positive or negative ) even with a '' thumbs up / down '' option . So i don't see this in the future to be honest .
Also, tbh again, its interesting to hear why a positive or a negative comment / opinion . Tells you who is on what side of things . ;)

BCKidd's 2019 COMMUNITY COMPS SERIES CHAMPIONSHIP
FIRST PLACE
MASTER HUNTER TROPHY

Tod1d
Lead Moderator
Lead Moderator

Post by Tod1d »

This has been suggested many times, in many ways... thumbs up/down, +1, "Like", etc....

I think it would be a great idea for the suggestions forums, and maybe even for the bugs forums. We see a lot of +1 / "Me too" type posts in those.

In fact, it's on the list of things we'd like to do, or at least like to explore doing, with the forums if we ever get someone that can spend some development time on it.
I don't expect that to happen any time soon, but hey! I've been surprised before. :D
It's "Tod", with one bloody 'd'!
Beano8U
Scout

Post by Beano8U »

Tod1d wrote:This has been suggested many times, in many ways... thumbs up/down, +1, "Like", etc....

I think it would be a great idea for the suggestions forums, and maybe even for the bugs forums. We see a lot of +1 / "Me too" type posts in those.

In fact, it's on the list of things we'd like to do, or at least like to explore doing, with the forums if we ever get someone that can spend some development time on it.
I don't expect that to happen any time soon, but hey! I've been surprised before. :D

Exactly, there are many times where I want to post but it would be exactly what someone else just said previously. The only reason I am for it. Or another example would be for the rares thread etc. where someone likes the trophy, but they quote the post with a full image of the trophy included and say "Nice rare". A thumbs up would work better I feel. I hold back sometimes because I don't want to fill a massive thread with "YAY". I just want to see posts of the rares (for example)

_dfad_
Scout

Post by _dfad_ »

Voting YES!
At least because it's often interesting to know what do other people think about your recent post at general, even if don't want to waste the forum with simple "yes" or "no". And such thumbs are the best solution for that.
Last edited by _dfad_ on April 12th, 2018, 8:19 am, edited 1 time in total.

"5 FPS at Picabeen Bay" club ;)
nachthexe
Hunter

Post by nachthexe »

I think people should argue their cases and reasons be it positive or negative. Thumb up and downs are too lazy.
Code: Select all
gas56
Outfitter

Post by gas56 »

Red Thumb Down............... :lol:

Return to “Forums Feedback & Suggestions”