Please make giant graphic at the top link back to the main site

caledonianblues
Master Hunter

Re: Please make giant graphic at the top link back to the main site

Post by caledonianblues »

DHRifleman wrote:Where it says forums it should be a link to the game, and then the Board index can stay just how it is and will direct you back to the board index.
The problem with this idea is that when you're reading a thread and you're not at the top of the page, the Forums link is always there on the floating div, and it takes you back to the forum home page.

In the example above, if the Forums link took you to www.thehunter.com there would be no way of going back to the forum home page, other than using your back button (which you may need to use multiple times if you've read through several pages) or scrolling back up to the top of the page to get Board Index.
DHRifleman
Team Hunter

Post by DHRifleman »

No way other than clicking the big Forum link on the top of http://www.theHunter.com page it just took you too. No back button needed at all.

Obviously when I said the Forums link should take you to the game I also meant that it should no longer say Forums.
Have you been to the game webpage?
Hold the CTRL key and click it and it will open in another tab, so you can still have both up.
The above statements are strictly my opinion, and should not be taken as fact, even if I believe them to be true.
Antlercreeklodge.com Tournaments
Permitted Weapons per Reserve By ClemD
Hardtree
Scout

Post by Hardtree »

DonderDeer wrote:It's still a good idea to have SOMETHING linking to the actual game, even if it's not that specific graphic. Why should the website link to the forums and not have the forums link back to the website? We're essentially being "funneled" to the forums - that's not what you want to happen to new, inexperienced potential customers.
Agreed!

You can add a link which opens automatically in a new tab btw... ;)
Spoiler:
caledonianblues
Master Hunter

DHRifleman wrote:No way other than clicking the big Forum link on the top of http://www.theHunter.com page it just took you too. No back button needed at all.

Obviously when I said the Forums link should take you to the game I also meant that it should no longer say Forums.
Have you been to the game webpage?
Hold the CTRL key and click it and it will open in another tab, so you can still have both up.
You missed my point. If you're on the forum and want to stay on the forum, and you're reading through threads, you want the forums link (which follows you as you scroll down) to remain the forums link so that you can get back to the forum home page without scrolling up to the top of the page (or pressing your back button) each time you're done with a thread.

I know you can get to the forum from the game website. It would be ridiculous if you had to go to www.thehunter.com then click on the forum link there to get back to the forum though!

I agree that a link to the game website should exist on the forum. It just shouldn't be part of the navigation tools that exist on the floating div menu. And it shouldn't be the main logo at the top.
DHRifleman
Team Hunter

Post by DHRifleman »

Maybe I am missing something here but when I scroll down through a post the forums, members, etc links move up and I need to scroll back up to get to them. I click the board index link at the bottom of the page get back to the index page if that is what I want. I also click the sub category link at the bottom when it is there as well.
The above statements are strictly my opinion, and should not be taken as fact, even if I believe them to be true.
caledonianblues
Master Hunter

So the orange menu bar doesn't follow you when you scroll down, like in the screenshot I provided?
DHRifleman
Team Hunter

Post by DHRifleman »

HA1 was looking at it on my phone and no it doesn't on that. On the PC it does. Right next to members would be a good spot to put the link to the game. This way when reading a post, you could hold CTRL and hit the link to check something that pertains to the post on the website/

Return to “Forums Feedback & Suggestions”