A new forum category "Complaints & Tantrums"

BCKidd

Re: A new forum category "Complaints & Tantrums"

Post by BCKidd »

Yes, I read a lot of those links. Indeed there is information that could be useful and of course some of it is useless. Still, what Orion was trying to do was to inform... I kind of miss that guy. I think he battled with everyone, I had some good laughs reading some of his retorts tho'. Jeff, looks like you are coming up on a five year anniversary- do you at all remember Orion? I'm not trying to deter from the main thread- jus' curious is all. My five year anniversary is coming too in January, and I remember Orion quite well. ;) 8-) Peace.

BCKidd.

"Patience and perseverance, are not an option if you want that trophy, they are a necessity."

Keep it real!
"Careful, David, he's Canadian......They eat people you know." Fletchette.
jeff1963
Hunter

Post by jeff1963 »

BCKidd wrote:Yes, I read a lot of those links. Indeed there is information that could be useful and of course some of it is useless. Still, what Orion was trying to do was to inform... I kind of miss that guy. I think he battled with everyone, I had some good laughs reading some of his retorts tho'. Jeff, looks like you are coming up on a five year anniversary- do you at all remember Orion? I'm not trying to deter from the main thread- jus' curious is all. My five year anniversary is coming too in January, and I remember Orion quite well. ;) 8-) Peace.

BCKidd.
I never talked to him and I thought he was a little rough, but he was right about a lot of stuff ;-) too many people shout their beliefs and perceptions as "fact" :o
Thanks, ~Jeff

DAT66

Post by DAT66 »

login mechanics broken

i have some problem getting logged into this forum. maybe the reason i never cared to participate here, although i have a profile since 2016 and didnt remember ;)

when i write my name an password the first time, there is no captcha to solve. but when i confirm the correct name and pw, i get the notice "exeeded login attempts". then i have to write it "all" again and solve the same captcha every time (3rd letter of hunter).

is there, by any chance, someone who would fix this??

it is actualy a mechanic that sometimes is used by hackers to fish your keyhits - i dont say it is the case here, but its somehow suspicious that i have to login twice, although i have the correct password ^^!

please take care of this, will make you all look more serious.

thanks for you attention, good hunting and dont forget to have fun ;)
BCKidd

Post by BCKidd »

That was done to curb the Spam Bots that the forum was hit with back when that changed. I don't think it will change back to where we had to login once. The way it is now has prevented a lot of Spam from reaching the forum- and has made it easier for moderators to moderate. ;) Peace.

BCKidd.

"Patience and perseverance, are not an option if you want that trophy, they are a necessity."

Keep it real!
"Careful, David, he's Canadian......They eat people you know." Fletchette.
Tod1d
Lead Moderator
Lead Moderator

Post by Tod1d »

They implemented a 'quick & dirty' solution to force the Captcha by setting the number of failed logins to 0. So, no matter if you get it right the first time, you still have to do the captcha.

This could be fixed by implementing the captcha on the first login page. But that would require a backend programmer & a modification to the forum software.

I'm pretty sure BC is right, it won't go back to just the 1st login without the captcha. We were getting pummeled with spam when they set it up. And we still get a fair amount, but regular users don't see it because of the approval process for the 1st five posts. Spam gets deleted, and the accounts banned before anyone other than mods see it.
It's "Tod", with one bloody 'd'!
ogruls
Outfitter

Post by ogruls »

DAT66 wrote:login mechanics broken

i have some problem getting logged into this forum. maybe the reason i never cared to participate here, although i have a profile since 2016 and didnt remember ;)

when i write my name an password the first time, there is no captcha to solve. but when i confirm the correct name and pw, i get the notice "exeeded login attempts". then i have to write it "all" again and solve the same captcha every time (3rd letter of hunter).

is there, by any chance, someone who would fix this??

it is actualy a mechanic that sometimes is used by hackers to fish your keyhits - i dont say it is the case here, but its somehow suspicious that i have to login twice, although i have the correct password ^^!

please take care of this, will make you all look more serious.

thanks for you attention, good hunting and dont forget to have fun ;)
Just put a single digit as user name and password on first attempt.

Return to “Forums Feedback & Suggestions”