Hey devs, we should get Q and A

nosnerb
Outfitter

Post by nosnerb »

In the forums, I think we should get a question and answer section. We have general chat and all this and it feels like a question and answer question would work fine
Flanker305
Trophy Hunter

Re: HEY DEVS we should get Q and A

Post by Flanker305 »

You've seen the first few posts on this page, right? It's a start. ;)
nosnerb
Outfitter

Post by nosnerb »

I know. But just a user based Q and A. It would be really nice to see that implemented. Heck, they got a whole category just for dogs. This IMO would be crazy useful
Flanker305
Trophy Hunter

Post by Flanker305 »

nosnerb wrote:I know. But just a user based Q and A. It would be really nice to see that implemented. Heck, they got a whole category just for dogs. This IMO would be crazy useful
Of course there will be people then telling the devs to go back bug fixing in stead of roaming the forums.
You know, can't please everyone.
BucksNBuffalo
Master Hunter

Post by BucksNBuffalo »

You know, it honestly would be a good idea. BUT...the truth of the matter is you can guarantee that the Devs would not use it as you are hoping. We used to have these AMA's (Ask Me Anything) that the Devs would answer, but the last one didn't go too well (super late Dev response and none of the questions at the time even matters by then) and there have been none since. Trust me, these Devs are not experts of communication.

Edit: Flanker basically said the same thing in far less words haha
Flanker305
Trophy Hunter

Re: Hey devs, we should get Q and A

Post by Flanker305 »

BucksNBuffalo wrote:Trust me, these Devs are not experts of communication.
Well, I see it like this: they are probably as good in communicating as most of us, they just choose not to show themselves in public too often, cause they have way too much work.
They have a Community Manager for that now, right?

Sometimes I feel like they don't even want to show up, and given the nasty tone here and there (read: often), I can't even blame them.
BucksNBuffalo
Master Hunter

Post by BucksNBuffalo »

Flanker305 wrote:
BucksNBuffalo wrote:Trust me, these Devs are not experts of communication.
Well, I see it like this: they are probably as good in communicating as most of us, they just choose not to show themselves in public too often, cause they have way too much work.
They have a Community Manager for that now, right?

Sometimes I feel like they don't even want to show up, and given the nasty tone here and there (read: often), I can't even blame them.
I agree, nowadays I am almost glad they do not comment much because even when they do, too many people jump down their throats, twist words, or begin assuming. That is not to say that the Devs do NOT deserve every bit of salve that they receive tho. Current state of the game? Yeah, they totally deserve whatever earful they get. A LOT of this could have been avoided. But, it's all about the $.
But even so, as I said EW are not the greatest when it comes to communication anyway. It's been like this for years now, with no end in sight. I don't even bother asking questions anymore honestly. This game is so bug ridden, everything from the website to the game, even the damn sales, that it's more a matter of finding amusement when something is actually NOT bugged to hell haha. Granted, a lot of bugs are nothing major, or maybe I am just so used to them that my mind learned to deal with them. But the major bugs that affect others? Sad state of affairs.

Return to “Forums Feedback & Suggestions”