forum sub-category

Violator31
Outfitter

forum sub-category

Post by Violator31 »

I think it would be cool to have a "sub-category" in one of the main boards, for each animal. That way if I wanted some info on, turkeys. let's say, I would know where it should be. There wouldn't be all of the digging through everything else to see if there was already a thread pertaining to what I was looking for.
Does this make sense to anyone else, or is there already a better way (without using the "search" tool - which is generally pretty vague) to locate what you are looking for?
Signature Stats
Spoiler:
Violator31
Outfitter

Re: forum sub-category

Post by Violator31 »

This thread being moved to this board is exactly what I was expecting/hoping for.... It helps me prove the point, the animal related threads could all be directed into the appropriate boards.
Signature Stats
Spoiler:
Fletchette
Trophy Hunter

Post by Fletchette »

Violator31 wrote:This thread being moved to this board is exactly what I was expecting/hoping for.... It helps me prove the point, the animal related threads could all be directed into the appropriate boards.
Hmmm.....I think what is proves is that you didn't post it under the correct and obvious subject in the first place, which is what will probably happen even more if they create 22 more sub-subjects for each species. The mods will be very busy.

That said, I have no problem with your suggestion, I just doubt people comply or care.
Personal Bests...
Violator31
Outfitter

Post by Violator31 »

Fletchette wrote:Hmmm.....I think what is proves is that you didn't post it under the correct and obvious subject in the first place, which is what will probably happen even more if they create 22 more sub-subjects for each species. The mods will be very busy.

That said, I have no problem with your suggestion, I just doubt people comply or care.
Well, like I said, that was my point, but Thanx for understanding the point.
There is a sub-category for each item in the store. I guess I understand, that is for the DEV crew to monitor reaction to the product, & for the forum members to gauge the product. But you can look at the animal thread in that same light.

I also doubt they comply with it, but it is just a thought I had. Thanks for weighing in.
Signature Stats
Spoiler:
Fletchette
Trophy Hunter

Post by Fletchette »

Violator31 wrote:
Fletchette wrote:Hmmm.....I think what is proves is that you didn't post it under the correct and obvious subject in the first place, which is what will probably happen even more if they create 22 more sub-subjects for each species. The mods will be very busy.

Well, like I said, that was my point, but Thanx for understanding the point.
There is a sub-category for each item in the store. I guess I understand, that is for the DEV crew to monitor reaction to the product, & for the forum members to gauge the product. But you can look at the animal thread in that same light.

I also doubt they comply with it, but it is just a thought I had. Thanks for weighing in.
Are you talking about the store reviews?

If so, that was a special project created by @caledonianblues, so he could create this website:
http://www.ultimatehuntercompetitions.c ... rereviews/

People could comment and vote on the threads he created for each item, but I don't think people could create their own threads. I'm sure the Devs are aware of this, but I don't think the were involved directly.

If you're talking about some other sub-forum for every store item, then I'm unaware of that section of the forum.
Personal Bests...
Tod1d
Lead Moderator
Lead Moderator

Post by Tod1d »

The wiki has a separate section/page for each animal. This is "officially" where the information you seek should be posted.

http://www.thehunterwiki.com/index.php?title=Species

If you have suggestions on additional information that should be included, submit your suggestion in the wiki topic: http://forum.thehunter.com/viewtopic.php?f=31&t=62380
It's "Tod", with one bloody 'd'!
Violator31
Outfitter

Post by Violator31 »

Tod1d wrote:The wiki has a separate section/page for each animal. This is "officially" where the information you seek should be posted.

http://www.thehunterwiki.com/index.php?title=Species

If you have suggestions on additional information that should be included, submit your suggestion in the wiki topic: http://forum.thehunter.com/viewtopic.php?f=31&t=62380
Cool.
Thank you.
Signature Stats
Spoiler:

Return to “Forums Feedback & Suggestions”