New section, complaint box

User avatar
DHRifleman
Team Hunter
Posts: 10474
Joined: December 3rd, 2008, 11:57 pm
Contact:

New section, complaint box

Postby DHRifleman » May 15th, 2015, 3:45 pm

Since this forum is here for players to discuss the game between themselves, there should be a section dedicated to players complaints where they don't run the risk of having their post deleted, or threatened with being banned from the forum. Face it, there are a lot of issues with the game that have not only not been fixed, but many have not even been acknowledged at all. Sometimes you just need to vent out of frustration, and putting it all in one place would keep the rest of the forum happy.
The above statements are strictly my opinion, and should not be taken as fact, even if I believe them to be true.
Antlercreeklodge.com Tournaments
Permitted Weapons per Reserve By ClemD
User avatar
DonderDeer
Outfitter
Posts: 2140
Joined: February 4th, 2014, 4:56 pm

Re: New section, complaint box

Postby DonderDeer » May 15th, 2015, 3:56 pm

I don't think there has ever been a single instance (or implication of) a single complaint being removed as long as it was worded courteously and followed the rules.

Correct me if I'm wrong.
homk
User avatar
DarkLord
Scout
Posts: 410
Joined: January 31st, 2014, 6:58 am
Location: Dallas, Texas

Re: New section, complaint box

Postby DarkLord » May 15th, 2015, 5:25 pm

I'll never understand why forum moderators think that the only way to quell dissent is by widespread censorship, when the obvious and more effective solution is to simply address the issues that the disaffected people are complaining about.

I'm not pointing fingers at anyone, it just seems to be a common trend on every game forum.
Image
Spoiler:
User avatar
DHRifleman
Team Hunter
Posts: 10474
Joined: December 3rd, 2008, 11:57 pm
Contact:

Re: New section, complaint box

Postby DHRifleman » May 15th, 2015, 11:00 pm

DonderDeer wrote:I don't think there has ever been a single instance (or implication of) a single complaint being removed as long as it was worded courteously and followed the rules.

Correct me if I'm wrong.

It has, and I would rather not get into it as I might be breaking the CoC for being overly negative about the status of the games development.

Just think of the new section I suggest as the time out section where you can vent frustrations without affecting anyone else that doesn't want to see it.
The above statements are strictly my opinion, and should not be taken as fact, even if I believe them to be true.
Antlercreeklodge.com Tournaments
Permitted Weapons per Reserve By ClemD
User avatar
Alena Rybik
EW Staff
EW Staff
Posts: 5029
Joined: January 7th, 2014, 6:31 am
Location: Stockholm, Sweden
Contact:

Re: New section, complaint box

Postby Alena Rybik » May 20th, 2015, 7:56 am

You can post complaints in the general forum. As long as they civil, well-grounded and posted in appropriate discussions, the forum staff doesn't moderate them but instead relays them to the dev team during our weekly meetings. We do moderate and contact users who post repeated complaints and negative posts (over 80% of their contributions) about everything and anything in multiple threads and derail the conversations. More here.

DHRifleman wrote:Just think of the new section I suggest as the time out section where you can vent frustrations without affecting anyone else that doesn't want to see it.


This is an interesting suggestion though, and we will discuss it. Is there someone else who would be interested to participate in such an area?
User avatar
FR_Bugs
Outfitter
Posts: 2524
Joined: October 27th, 2014, 3:46 pm
Location: Paris

Re: New section, complaint box

Postby FR_Bugs » May 20th, 2015, 8:04 am

Despite my small level in English, if I can help and participate in the life of the community, I am OK.
User avatar
HooCairs
Champion Hunter
Posts: 19361
Joined: March 4th, 2011, 7:30 pm
Location: Switzerland
Contact:

Re: New section, complaint box

Postby HooCairs » May 20th, 2015, 8:11 am

Alena Rybik wrote:
DHRifleman wrote:Just think of the new section I suggest as the time out section where you can vent frustrations without affecting anyone else that doesn't want to see it.

This is an interesting suggestion though, and we will discuss it. Is there someone else who would be interested to participate in such an area?

And then what, have this part moderated or not? If moderated, it would not serve its purpose obviously. If not moderated, it wouldn't work imho because everyone would visit this section just as much as any other, and all you had was the exact opposite of what you are trying to achieve here.

The rules in your post have set the ground for grown-up discussions and normal behavior between human beings, whether they agree or disagree. They can even vent as much as they like as long as they remain "normal". There is really nothing to be fixed here.
User avatar
DHRifleman
Team Hunter
Posts: 10474
Joined: December 3rd, 2008, 11:57 pm
Contact:

Re: New section, complaint box

Postby DHRifleman » May 20th, 2015, 8:45 pm

Well I hope you take the following as constructive criticism, and not just being negative. I have been here since the beginning and saw Emote go down due to bad management. I saw EW formed, and take over control of the entire game. I saw a very small group of talented individuals add to the game, and rebuild it a few times to remove the Emote legacy code, and make updating more efficient. I have seen staff come and go, and a change in how the game is evolving.

That change doesn't make me happy, and I do not think I am alone on this. Do you think I get some great pleasure posting my dissatisfaction, and can't wait for the demise of the game, and ultimately EW? If so you are sadly mistaken. What I want and have always wanted was the best hunting game, and one that can keep on growing. Now for the "negative" part.

I have seen more events, and updates that failed when introduced over the past few years, than have been correct out of the gate. I have seen bugs that have been ignored, and a bug section that actually has become not bothered with for several weeks now. The last entry by a player into the bug section was over 3 weeks ago, and the reason wasn't because there were no bugs, it is because it has become a waste of time. I have seen many posts saying "I would rather wait until it is right" then have it half finished. Many other posts saying please fix bugs before creating new things, because it will just make fixing the bugs harder.

The reason for the negativity on the board getting out of hand is not because of a lot of mean unhappy people, it is a reflection of the game. The reason someone will say the same thing over, and over is because the problem was never addressed. The new rules say, if you have said it several times, you have made your point. Well the point isn't to just point it out, the point is to get some sort of response about the issue. The new edict also says the forum is not a means of communicating with EW, and either support should be used, or put it in the bug section. Well the bug section doesn't get responses, and most issues are not the sort that support can deal with, or should have to.

So it causes a frustrating situation, and what recourse is there. Post the displeasure, and if ignored do it again hoping for some response. Then you run the risk of violating the forum code, and being reprimanded. The other option is just stop playing, but really not what most want, and I am sure EW does not want that either.

Moderating the negativity only treats the symptom, and not the cause so it really fixes nothing.
And the reason for the section I suggested. One place that could be checked daily to see what the climate is. Maybe I am way off and there are only a handful of people that have issues with the game, at which time I will gladly admit I must just be an unhappy person, and no longer post anything. But if I am slightly correct in my thinking, it would be a great barometer, and may give much needed insight to what is important to EW's customers.
The above statements are strictly my opinion, and should not be taken as fact, even if I believe them to be true.
Antlercreeklodge.com Tournaments
Permitted Weapons per Reserve By ClemD
User avatar
abslayer
Master Competitor
Posts: 5295
Joined: November 27th, 2008, 1:07 pm

Re: New section, complaint box

Postby abslayer » May 24th, 2015, 11:37 am

When a person who has been involved as long with TH as Tom and speaks out there are reasons that should not be just dismissed out of hand and certainly not ignored or dismiss as just a person that likes to complain.
Before mods pin this label on any one they need to look at the big picture on what person has posted over time his or hers past support of game in forums not just a few posts that are negative.

This can cause a forum which is not showing or representing the true feelings of paying customer's and can and will lead to EW losing touch of what is important and needs to be fixed in game , if EW loses that they will loss paying customers and that is never good.

I also have been involved with TH from the beginning and have seen many changes in game some good some great and some WELLL not so good, IMO however over whelming more towards a out standing job by EW , but I will and have blasted EW over things that are not up to standards of this game and if any one wants to call that being negative so be it.

New players and people who are thinking of paying for game need to see players with some time in game dislikes or complains being addressed by EW not censored or threatened in any way.

Does this make myself or any one else just a negative poster I THINK NOT in fact I really do not take seriously a person who's postings are all about how great game is and only sees sunshine on game progress and never a negative post , that only means one thing to me ------------------------------------you can fill this out LOL

Tom and eye do not always agree on thing in game but I always respect what he has contribute to TH and his opinion on problems he sees in game are important and need to be fixed.
User avatar
Lem
Scout
Posts: 480
Joined: November 25th, 2014, 12:49 pm

Re: New section, complaint box

Postby Lem » May 24th, 2015, 7:19 pm

Alena Rybik wrote:You can post complaints in the general forum. As long as they civil, well-grounded and posted in appropriate discussions, the forum staff doesn't moderate them but instead relays them to the dev team during our weekly meetings. We do moderate and contact users who post repeated complaints and negative posts (over 80% of their contributions) about everything and anything in multiple threads and derail the conversations. More here.

DHRifleman wrote:Just think of the new section I suggest as the time out section where you can vent frustrations without affecting anyone else that doesn't want to see it.


This is an interesting suggestion though, and we will discuss it. Is there someone else who would be interested to participate in such an area?




ITS A TRAP!!




nah, but in all seriousness though, hoocares is right. if its not moderated it will become a place to just slander and pretty much bully people and make wild accusations.

if it is disregarded completely by the dev team whats the point? you might aswell send angry messages to doc


if it is moderated you might as well post on the normal sections.

if what is said is looked at by the dev team and isn't moderated you may as well keep the current sections but just do away with the forum rules.


if you really wanna lay into someone who gets under your skin just PM them.

with respect DHRifleman, you usually speak allot of sense, but what you seem to be asking for he is a place where you can just completely throw a fit, get it all off your chest and lay it someplace else and have zero repercussions.

and that probably wont work anyway because what you are asking for is the bridge under which all the trolls live :).

Return to “Forums Feedback & Suggestions”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest