suggestion | full editor

Tod1d
Lead Moderator
Lead Moderator

Re:

Post by Tod1d »

jpm1 wrote:9 times over 10 i need to include a link or an image in my posts . actual quick reply is not enough complete IMO . i think quick reply should include main functions bold , size, img , url , quote , youtube ..
The line has to be drawn somewhere ;) Putting the full editor on the topic page is too bulky & takes up too much room.

Quick Reply is for plain text. If you need tags, either memorize them & type them in manually, or click "Full Editor".

Be Well
It's "Tod", with one bloody 'd'!
Knut
Outfitter

Re: Re:

Post by Knut »

Tod1d wrote:The line has to be drawn somewhere ;) Putting the full editor on the topic page is too bulky & takes up too much room.
Most forums draw this line below the inclusion of the most basic and frequently needed functions. And rightfully so. It just works way better.

I don't see how a small row of buttons ( [img] [url]) would possibly clutter the topic page. Despite that it is anyway already below the entire topic.
“Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.'" ― Isaac Asimov
jpm1
Outfitter

Post by jpm1 »

Tod look at GTAforums thing

DriftPrize
Hunter

Re:

Post by DriftPrize »

jpm1 wrote:9 times over 10 i need to include a link or an image in my posts . actual quick reply is not enough complete IMO . i think quick reply should include main functions bold , size, img , url , quote , youtube ..
The quote function from full editor seems abit off. :mrgreen:
[quote=''jpm1'']Full editors quote function[/quote]
Perhaps? It's a pin in the ass. Copy and paste from quote function without using the full editor but, the quote function from any person post that you want to quote.
jpm1 wrote:Copy and paste quote
DonderDeer
Outfitter

Re: suggestion | full editor

Post by DonderDeer »

This is what it looks like on my forum:

homk
gas56
Outfitter

Post by gas56 »

What's the big fuss about.
it took me a second to post this.
jpm1
Outfitter

Post by jpm1 »

all main functions like img or url should be on main page and shouldn't be "behind a door"
DHRifleman
Team Hunter

Post by DHRifleman »

It's a mouse click
The above statements are strictly my opinion, and should not be taken as fact, even if I believe them to be true.
Antlercreeklodge.com Tournaments
Permitted Weapons per Reserve By ClemD

Return to “Forums Feedback & Suggestions”