Posting in this thread allowed upon approval

JackRbbt
Trophy Hunter

Posting in this thread allowed upon approval

Post by JackRbbt »

Lately i have seen so many "new ideas" that were posted many times before. Looks like newcomers are not reading at least one topic before posting in this thread. I suggest that new posts here to be approved by moderators team before becomes public.

I know this suggestion will bring a lot of hate on me and my moderators friends will "hunt me down" all over the place, but have a look how many new posts (from last 2 weeks) contains ideas like vehicles, dogs, interchangeable rifle "pipes" (yes, it is a quote!), alligators, Big 5 etc etc etc. All of them "old as dirt".
Spoiler:

Fletchette
Trophy Hunter

Re: Posting in this thread allowed upon approval

Post by Fletchette »

I've thought about that myself. I doubt it will happen, but it would be nice if there was some restriction to starting a new thread. Something like a minimum number of views, or posts, or perhaps restricting to a certain topic like the Introduction topic. I'm not trying to be mean, but there are a few new people that seem determined to start 5 new threads a day, most of which are common and easily searchable topics.

BTW, I'd also like to see some restriction on creating polls. Some peeps just seem to go nuts creating polls.
Personal Bests...
ronMctube
Chat Logger

Post by ronMctube »

on alot of sites i go on as you make a topic/post it will auto look up similar type threads. maybe something like that could be done.
Urgia
Scout

Post by Urgia »

I support this. Another option is to merge them with the old ones. It's been done before.
beamstas
Outfitter

Post by beamstas »

what we need is a sticky, an index of sorts, for example

common suggestions thread sticky

night vision goggles
forum.thehunter.com/nightvisionthread1
forum.thehunter.com/nightvisionthread2

hunting dogs
forum.thehunter.com/huntingdogsthread1
forum.thehunter.com/huntingdogsthread2
jeff1963
Hunter

Post by jeff1963 »

JackRbbt wrote:Lately i have seen so many "new ideas" that were posted many times before. Looks like newcomers are not reading at least one topic before posting in this thread. I suggest that new posts here to be approved by moderators team before becomes public.

I know this suggestion will bring a lot of hate on me and my moderators friends will "hunt me down" all over the place, but have a look how many new posts (from last 2 weeks) contains ideas like vehicles, dogs, interchangeable rifle "pipes" (yes, it is a quote!), alligators, Big 5 etc etc etc. All of them "old as dirt".
Fletchette wrote: I've thought about that myself. I doubt it will happen, but it would be nice if there was some restriction to starting a new thread. Something like a minimum number of views, or posts, or perhaps restricting to a certain topic like the Introduction topic. I'm not trying to be mean, but there are a few new people that seem determined to start 5 new threads a day, most of which are common and easily searchable topics.

BTW, I'd also like to see some restriction on creating polls. Some peeps just seem to go nuts creating polls.

Seriously? I can't remember a time that you two weren't posting about something, now you want to put the clamps on peoples ability to make dumb suggestions, then beat up on them. I am surprised by you Fletchette, you're an american you should be ashamed. ;-)
Thanks, ~Jeff

Fletchette
Trophy Hunter

Post by Fletchette »

jeff1963 wrote:
JackRbbt wrote:Lately i have seen so many "new ideas" that were posted many times before. Looks like newcomers are not reading at least one topic before posting in this thread. I suggest that new posts here to be approved by moderators team before becomes public.

Fletchette wrote: I've thought about that myself. I doubt it will happen, but it would be nice if there was some restriction to starting a new thread. Something like a minimum number of views, or posts, or perhaps restricting to a certain topic like the Introduction topic. I'm not trying to be mean, but there are a few new people that seem determined to start 5 new threads a day, most of which are common and easily searchable topics.

Seriously? I can't remember a time that you two weren't posting about something, now you want to put the clamps on peoples ability to make dumb suggestions, then beat up on them. I am surprised by you Fletchette, you're an american you should be ashamed. ;-)
Well, we're talking about creating new and redundant threads, not posting comments on existing threads. In a year I don't think I've started more that 5-6 threads, and I don't think any of them were common questions or suggestions.

I post my ridiculous comments on other people's threads...... :D

BTW, you capitalize American, Bud..... :D
Personal Bests...
JackRbbt
Trophy Hunter

Post by JackRbbt »

JackRbbt wrote: .... I suggest that new posts here to be approved by moderators team before becomes public. ...
@jeff1963: Do you notice the different font used for "new" word? Or should have had it huge and red, to be noticed?
Spoiler:

jeff1963
Hunter

Post by jeff1963 »

Fletchette wrote:
jeff1963 wrote:

Well, we're talking about creating new and redundant threads, not posting comments on existing threads. In a year I don't think I've started more that 5-6 threads, and I don't think any of them were common questions or suggestions.

I post my ridiculous comments on other people's threads...... :D

BTW, you capitalize American, Bud..... :D

My bad, I was rushing to get my jab in and let my guard down. ;-)

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Thanks, ~Jeff

jeff1963
Hunter

Post by jeff1963 »

JackRbbt wrote:
JackRbbt wrote: .... I suggest that new posts here to be approved by moderators team before becomes public. ...
@jeff1963: Do you notice the different font used for "new" word? Or should have had it huge and red, to be noticed?
New or Old I understand, but don't agree with your post, I was just interjecting humor. Sorry to step on your toes.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Thanks, ~Jeff

Return to “Forums Feedback & Suggestions”