i think its time for a "Karma"/Kudos System

HooCairs
Champion Hunter

Re: i think its time for a "Karma"/Kudos System

Post by HooCairs »

They could simply limit the like function to someone who has achieved a certain credibility, like a minimum number of posts, etc.

I have seen forums where you could only post a picture after 10 posts (e.g. theHunter Brazil).

Maybe we are "painting the devil on the wall" here, as we say. Is this really a place people have nothing in mind but become popular by many posts or likes? I don't see that happening at all actually. Should good functions be avoided because a few (if any) could abuse it? There are still moderators around too that could stop anyone from abusing this.
My Youtube theHunter Wiki
Spoiler:
ronMctube
Chat Logger

Post by ronMctube »

HooCairs wrote:They could simply limit the like function to someone who has achieved a certain credibility, like a minimum number of posts, etc.

I have seen forums where you could only post a picture after 10 posts (e.g. theHunter Brazil).

Maybe we are "painting the devil on the wall" here, as we say. Is this really a place people have nothing in mind but become popular by many posts or likes? I don't see that happening at all actually. Should good functions be avoided because a few (if any) could abuse it? There are still moderators around too that could stop anyone from abusing this.

that's the thing. it isn't a good function ! that's why most sites don't implement it in their forums.

only ones that do normally have some kind of motive or sales pitch. that why facebook has it. its a sales tool.why do you think facebook doesn't report or ban people who abuse it ? business/money.

whats wrong with just keeping as we are people who are valued will still be valued anyway ;) .

you don't see it happening at all ? it already has effected some things.as i posted previously which im not going to go into details about.can pm if you want.

i know the forums are being redone looking for new ideas but i know instantly what is going to happen and will happen.
Pattski
Scout

Post by Pattski »

This discussion? Is it about people getting nice on the forum and get`s like from a forum mod? Or just a propose to get a more human climate here?

I`ve read it all but still don`t get it.

It`s a forum where we discuss this game, mostly anyway. Forum is just what is sounds like...a forum where different people from all over the world have an opinion about stuff,, noone can stop that, simple as that.
Otherwise we could close this one.

Return to “Forums Feedback & Suggestions”