Harder moderation needed on the forums?

DriftPrize
Hunter

Re: Harder moderation needed on the forums?

Post by DriftPrize »

What we need to eradicate are trolls/flamers or even reluctant insulters not good people with interest that you are not drawn to for the greater good for a friendlier community
Last edited by DriftPrize on February 5th, 2014, 12:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
DriftPrize
Hunter

Post by DriftPrize »

kring wrote:
DriftPrize wrote:To make things clearer to you I am willing to explain it.From Last edited by kring on February 1st, 2014, 1:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.You stated I see this in many of the topics here and it pisses me off.To me that's a typical way of "Attempts to artificially increase your post count" (taken straight from the CoC). It doesn't add any value to the topic and posts with actual discussion or arguments gets washed away in the current.Off-topic posts are also something I can't see as meaningful. Also topics which themselves contain no discussion value at all (example: viewtopic.php?f=91&t=50704).
I think posts like this should award a warning and removal of the post itself. Re-occurring infractions leads to suspension and ultimately, a ban. I hope it's crystal clear from as i stated.(i don not need to message you privately because the rules are clear and it's is not anything personal but answering your question maturely since you asked.)
I'm sorry, but I still can't see the hate and discrimination you're talking about. I'm just voicing my opinion how I think moderators should handle posts like this. To me it's only ranting to let some steam off and nothing really to discuss.
DriftPrize wrote:That is based on your imagination not facts since you talk about tyrannical rules well i don't know what to say...hypoc****
This I don't even know how to respond to.
anger and inferrior much?you speak of perception...
T0MRf5
Outfitter

Post by T0MRf5 »

Driftprize, you are not making much sense. It would be best if you edit your previous post and correct the quote tags.
Tod1d
Lead Moderator
Lead Moderator

Post by Tod1d »

DriftPrize wrote:What we need to eradicate are trolls/flamers or even reluctant insulters, not good people with interest that you are not drawn to [that you don't agree with], for the greater good for a friendlier community
Ok, I added a couple commas & a translation to help this make more sense.

Driftprize, it looks like most of us are in violent agreement. That is to say, arguing the same points with different words.

You seem to be getting angry, but I cannot see what you're angry at. I don't see where anyone attacked you or your ideas.
It's perfectly OK if you disagree with something, and you are welcome to share your opinions.

Tom et. al. are right though. It is very difficult to understand what you are trying to say. And in the posts where you partly quote others it's difficult to tell which words are yours. We would like to understand you, and from the statement above it looks like we mostly agree with you.

Are you typing your English, or using an online translator?

Just to be clear... We are NOT going remove "+1" posts! While they do appear to violate the "Meaningful posts..." rule, they do serve the purpose of saying, and are short for... "I agree with the OP in full, I would also like to support this suggestion." without the need to add anything else.

However, posts like...
lol
sure
No sh*t
What?
... really do violate the rule, so they will be removed if we see them.

Be Well
It's "Tod", with one bloody 'd'!
BucksNBuffalo
Master Hunter

Post by BucksNBuffalo »

Really?

:lol: Just kidding, Tod uno Dee. Couldn't resist haha. Remove if you must, I was just injecting a little humor in this thread. ;)
DriftPrize
Hunter

Post by DriftPrize »

T0MRf5 wrote:Driftprize, you are not making much sense. It would be best if you edit your previous post and correct the quote tags.
TOMERf5 I am honestly sorry for spouting off impulsively I would not mind if you wish not to forgive me.
T0MRf5
Outfitter

Post by T0MRf5 »

No problem. Everyone can get caught up in a thread.
chinchillaofdoom
Tracker

Post by chinchillaofdoom »

Flanker305 wrote:I can honestly say that I threat everybody the same.
Best mistype/freudian slip i've seen in a long time.
theGreyWolf
Spotter

Post by theGreyWolf »

+1

No, just joking :lol:

But this Thread is a good example why i normaly like this "+1" option.

I agree with you in nearly all of your points and I want to let you know it.
But I'am not a native speaking english and it's much more hard for me to write and explain what I mean, as to read and understand what other people write.
So the "+1" post, is a comfotable way for me, to show that I think the same, or at least think similar to(with?) the author, even if I'm unable to explain it better and more detailed.

This is hard work for me again but i try to explain my point of view about two other points a little bit closer:

About the problem of "arguments" like: "I'm a real hunter you not. That's why I'm right and your opinion dosen't count."

I think this is not a special problem of this forum. If people discuss, you will ever have people which try to argue in this way.
This is not nice, I know, and I think it is often a "stupid way to argue" too, but I' don't see it as a generall problem which should be managed by forum rules or the moderators.
A smart person will normaly be able to show easily how stupid such arguments are and the person who brought it looks "weaker" then he did bevore.

The second thing which I want to say, is a point which is missing here in my opinion.
The poll section:
I like the possibility to start a poll in this forum, but it seems not, that there are any rules about it.
It seems that everyone is allowed to start a poll about everything and there are really much polls, which make them nearly useless.
I think there should be a few rules about it.
Every poll should start with a discussion about this topic and only if this discussion show's a high interesst, it should be allowed to start a votig about it.

I don't know how to explain that better. I know such rules about polls and votings from other forums and there they work well and help to reduce the number of polls to a manageable number, which helps a lot, to show which topics the community is really interessed in and what they think about it.

Best regards.
Burning Bridges
Hunter

Post by Burning Bridges »

BlindTyldak wrote:One also has to be careful of discouraging new posters or less-than-regular forum members from discussing the game, particularly the topics that we see time and time again. There is only so many new things that can be said about a video game, particularly one that has a very static gameplay mechanism and endgame such as this (no matter what, you hunt and your "endgame" is killing something). Because of this, topic repeats are going to happen and happen often, especially in the eyes of those of us who are here daily or several times a week. Part of supporting a good game community is making sure that no one feels embarrassed for posting a legitimate question, even if that question was asked over and over again by other people. Ones that fall within a day or two can be merged, yes, but having only ONE thread for everything we see often would end up being pages of threads that people were expected to exclusively post on; confusing to new folks and a real headache for mods.
+1
;)

Seriously now, this is a point that I fully subscribe from experience. Some communities degenerate to a club where you have the few internet addicts who check the forum daily, then write hateful responses that no one must respond to this or that thread, because they are "sick of it". Remember it's those people that have a problem who know the last 15 pages of a forum by heart, not those who write just their first post in months.
The worst forums I remember are dealing with modding and flight sims, those people are actually ridiculously over attached and concerned about their ego. Here it is not so bad. Though there is friction there are not many users that turn everything into a fight, some strike me as rather naive but that's not a terribly bad thing. I have only one person on my ignore list which is a record low. Personally I would like less moderation instead of more but that's my personal opinion. I have other places where I can discuss completely unmoderated, so it's not important.

Return to “Forums Feedback & Suggestions”