Forum competition signature

Hawkeman
Outfitter

Forum competition signature

Post by Hawkeman »

Beside the official competitions there is several user created Forum competitions, created and performed through the forum and they are visited and done by many players.
At the moment the only option regarding winning prizes is to giftcode EMS to the winners.
There should also be a option to give user created image trophies and that leads to a need for an image space in the signature...
BlindTyldak wrote:One rule I would like to see changed is the "no side-by-side" rule. Many user-created competitions have trophy graphics for the winner that are specifically made to be small so that many can be integrated into one signature image line. As long as they do not exceed the maximum width and height in total in their placement, I don't think there should be a problem with it.

(Yes, I know they can be put together into one image by the user, but not all of the players know how to do that or have the programs to do so nicely; relaxing this limitation would help them out.)

I would like to see two images remain the max rather than one, so that users can continue to display the data that fits their needs best. Alternatively, make it one image but increase the maximum height to 150 pixels so that images can be created that incorporate more data.

I do think that signature images should be limited to theHunter, hunting, or outdoor-related themes (I don't think anyone here has any issue with something like fishing or gun-related signatures, for example), should remain family-friendly, but not need to be approved by EW. I think that the forum moderators should be given the power to nix signatures that go against the size and forum guidelines. Like they need more work. ;)

Guidelines for signatures that draw data from theHunter servers directly should be clear and defined in such a way that they do not negatively affect the browsing experience of others nor tax theHunter servers directly. Because people who code such signatures know what they're doing, make it detailed to coders, not the general public.

And finally, sticky the new guidelines in the General forums and the media forums, along with instructions on how to turn off signatures for those who do not want to see them.
BlindTyldak explains it very well.

I would like to see this... I think many would like to have it too...

HUMOR IS THE SPICE OF LIFE

Return to “Forums Feedback & Suggestions”