Czech translation

Feedback on Czech localization.
maros.kuzar
Outfitter

Czech translation

Post by maros.kuzar »

I just scrolled few pages in the store and for the first time I really payed attention to descriptions and boy they are soooooo semantically incorrect with lots of errors... It seems like they are just slightly fixed texts directly from Google translate.

I don't want to blame this or that individual, but it is a shame as it is now.

PS: I know I am from Slovakia and actual texts are czech, and I can be wrong in some things, but anybody who is from CR/SR knows that these languages are so similar that a czech can find errors in slovak and vice versa. I also study in CR for three years now, so that can also help to support my critique.

Few instances:
Reflex bow - carbon:
Reflexní luk s moderním nádechem. Sice se vyznačuje použitím nejvyspělejších materiálů a moderním designem, avšak k jeho používání je stále zapotřebí pořádného umu. (in this I am actually not that sure, but it sounds really strange)

All weapons that have texture variatons:
Poznámka: všechny varianty revolveru .357 sdílejí stejnou úroveň dovedností. To znamená, že není nutné začínat od znovu, při koupi nové variace.

Vyrobená z nerezavějící oceli, tato skvělá zbraň přichází s trojitě uzamykatelným bubnem a s jednočinným mechanismem, zajišťujícím lehčí spoušť.

.308 handgun
Díky úžasnému technologickému vývoji poslení doby jsme vyvynuli zbraň dostatečně kompaktní, ale dostatečně výkonnou pro lov střední a velké zvěře, ale stále se dá přenášet v použdře na krátké zbraně. Does that even make sense?

.22 handgun
Její jednoduchý, ale vysoce efektivní samonabíjecí mechanismus, zajišťuje vynikající spolehlivost a vysokou rychlost střelby i za ztížených podmínek. This sentence lacks a coma

.50 ball
Obsahuje 1200 grainů extra jemného černého střelného prachu, 10 perfektních litých kulí ráže .50, 10 vysoce kvalitních ucpávek a, samozřejmě, 10 perkusních zápalek. Are balls perfect and molded or perfectly molded? I think that second is the case... also comas again (before and after "samozřejmě" shold be comas, right?

And many more ...

EDIT: Changed colors to make them more visible. Also I added one note.
Last edited by maros.kuzar on March 20th, 2015, 3:42 am, edited 1 time in total.
Jack.Grave
Outfitter

Re: Czech translation

Post by Jack.Grave »

:arrow:maros.kuzar I am that person to blame about current state of czech translation. Those strings are from part which is currently under reconstruction, as correcting mistakesúmistypos and such. I am slowly digging trough and trough within my free time (whis kinda limited these days). Anyway thanks for feedback, I hope will fix many mistakes as soon as possible. Jack
maros.kuzar
Outfitter

Post by maros.kuzar »

Jack.Grave wrote::arrow:maros.kuzar I am that person to blame about current state of czech translation. Those strings are from part which is currently under reconstruction, as correcting mistakesúmistypos and such. I am slowly digging trough and trough within my free time (whis kinda limited these days). Anyway thanks for feedback, I hope will fix many mistakes as soon as possible. Jack
No problem ;) I just wanted to make sure somebody will sort that out :)
splainin2do
Outfitter

Post by splainin2do »

This thread is old, so I hope I'm adding it to the correct spot.

A player just posted on Fakebook that a Daily Mission was to find Wapiti tracks, but female tracks did not count. The description did not specify "male".
When I entered "Identifikuj stopy wapiti nelsonova" into Google Translate, it said the language was Czech, and when translated to English it was "Identify nelson's wapiti tracks". :)
(To be fair, Nelson is a boy's name. ;) )

[bigimg]https://i.postimg.cc/QxLXX3wy/translation1.jpg[/bigimg]
Working 2 jobs doesn't leave enough time for hunting! :(
"...but catching you is going to be impossible." Radamus

Return to “Czech”