Bolt action rifles

This forum is for reporting bugs or glitches found in equipment (Inventory Items). Please use the kind of equipment name in the topic title with description, titles with only "found a bug", "bug" and alike will be deleted.
Example title: Muzzleloader, Red Deer Caller.
juanmi650
Spotter

Bolt action rifles

Post by juanmi650 »

Hi all! I just realized that all bolt-action rifles except single-bullet ones, when the bolt is actuated after firing, you don't see how the ejected bullet casing comes out. And the only shell casing it ejects is when the magazine is empty and you want to reload all the ammunition, that's when you see a shell casing ejected. The truth is that it looks horrible and I think it's a mistake because I remember perfectly that in the past everything was fine and it looked like the bullet casing was ejected when the bolt was activated.
OldMtnMan
Outfitter

Re: Bolt action rifles

Post by OldMtnMan »

I'm using the Weatherby .340 mag now and it ejects the brass. It's not a single shot.
------------------------
Pete

One shot. One kill.

Fair Chase Hunter.

Long live Classic.
juanmi650
Spotter

Post by juanmi650 »

OldMtnMan wrote:I'm using the Weatherby .340 mag now and it ejects the brass. It's not a single shot.
First of all thanks for answering friend. I just tried again and with the same weapon that you used and it's still the same. When you fire and do the bolt action it doesn't eject any shell casing however when you finish all the bullets and reload it is seen ejecting the last one fired. And the lever action rifles, pump shotguns and lever action shotgun are the same.
OldMtnMan
Outfitter

Post by OldMtnMan »

I see what's happening. In a way we're both right.

If you shoulder the gun with a 3 rounds loaded and fire. Nothing happens. Un-shoulder it and shoulder it again and it doesn't show it loading a new round but will fire. So, yes, you're right and that wrong.

The reason I saw brass is I always want the gun with 3 rounds loaded. So, I shoulder and fire. It doesn't load another round. However, what I always do is un-shoulder it and it the R key. That shows the brass being ejected and a new round loaded. I can shoot again or go on with the hunt. I always have a full mag and see the brass ejected after each shot. That's why I said I se the brass being ejected. It's a habit from real hunting to keep the mag full.

If you want to see the brass ejected each time. Hit the R key after each shot.
------------------------
Pete

One shot. One kill.

Fair Chase Hunter.

Long live Classic.
juanmi650
Spotter

Post by juanmi650 »

OldMtnMan wrote:I see what's happening. In a way we're both right.

If you shoulder the gun with a 3 rounds loaded and fire. Nothing happens. Un-shoulder it and shoulder it again and it doesn't show it loading a new round but will fire. So, yes, you're right and that wrong.

The reason I saw brass is I always want the gun with 3 rounds loaded. So, I shoulder and fire. It doesn't load another round. However, what I always do is un-shoulder it and it the R key. That shows the brass being ejected and a new round loaded. I can shoot again or go on with the hunt. I always have a full mag and see the brass ejected after each shot. That's why I said I se the brass being ejected. It's a habit from real hunting to keep the mag full.

If you want to see the brass ejected each time. Hit the R key after each shot.
It can be hidden a bit like you say on bolt action rifles, but it's still horrible. In lever action rifles and shotguns you don't see how it ejects the used ammunition either and neither does the pump shotgun. I perfectly remember that all these animations were fine but now they are broken. They must correct it.
OldMtnMan
Outfitter

Post by OldMtnMan »

Yes, in the .340 it should work like it does when pushing the R key but we shouldn't have to do the R key push.

I don't own any lever or pump guns. So, I can't see what they're doing. It sounds like they got those wrong too.

This makes no sense. They already have the reload/eject animation. All they have to do is trigger it to happen when we un-shoulder the gun.

Not that un-shouldering is necessary. This can be done with bolt and pump guns too.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fG4wNhVaAfc
------------------------
Pete

One shot. One kill.

Fair Chase Hunter.

Long live Classic.
juanmi650
Spotter

Post by juanmi650 »

OldMtnMan wrote:Yes, in the .340 it should work like it does when pushing the R key but we shouldn't have to do the R key push.

I don't own any lever or pump guns. So, I can't see what they're doing. It sounds like they got those wrong too.

This makes no sense. They already have the reload/eject animation. All they have to do is trigger it to happen when we un-shoulder the gun.

Not that un-shouldering is necessary. This can be done with bolt and pump guns too.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fG4wNhVaAfc
Dude look what I found. The only rifle that doesn't have a broken animation to eject spent bullets is the Blaser R8 6.5x55 rifle. Take a look at this video uploaded by some players recently. It also looks like the others if they have their animation broken. At minute 3 you can see how the animation of the Blaser R8 rifle is perfect. Then watch at 6:55 as the 308 Straight Bolt Rifle has a broken animation: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qre3LO8Z-Gg
OldMtnMan
Outfitter

Post by OldMtnMan »

The problem is we can't tell what the player is doing without talking to him. He could be hitting the R key for all we know.
------------------------
Pete

One shot. One kill.

Fair Chase Hunter.

Long live Classic.
juanmi650
Spotter

Post by juanmi650 »

OldMtnMan wrote:The problem is we can't tell what the player is doing without talking to him. He could be hitting the R key for all we know.
No friend. You're wrong. Note that it always does the bolt action to make way for the next bullet. It does not recharge until the charger is finished. You just have to look at the bottom right in the ammunition.
DAT66

Post by DAT66 »

noticed another loading bug with the .340

when i start the hunt, and load the weapon the first time, or change the box, it shows how the player avatar loads 4 rounds - into a 3 round gun^^

a while ago i had a pack with 11 rounds for the 340, 3 rounds in the gun, and 8 in reserve

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/ ... 2782591790

its something else as you describe here, but could it be something about the 340??

Return to “Equipment / Gear”