Hunting Cap Tropical Forest Camo error

This forum is for reporting bugs or glitches found in equipment (Inventory Items). Please use the kind of equipment name in the topic title with description, titles with only "found a bug", "bug" and alike will be deleted.
Example title: Muzzleloader, Red Deer Caller.
T3RRYSAMA

Hunting Cap Tropical Forest Camo error

Post by T3RRYSAMA »

https://www.thehunter.com/#store/item/1100
The camo is not working in Piccabeen Bay

Hunting Cap
Characteristics:
* Visual Reduction: Excellent vs. all species in all areas of Piccabeen Bay all year round.

Image Image Image

Boonie Hat
Characteristics:
* Visual Reduction: Excellent vs. all species in all areas of Piccabeen Bay all year around*.

Image Image Image
TheRealLegend

Re: Hunting Cap Tropical Forest Camo error

Post by TheRealLegend »

I've same problem. I remember work fine first of "summer fiesta" event, now doesn't work
Bort
Scout

Post by Bort »

I noticed the 3d camo's effectiveness is sensitive. It matters what position we're in and what the immediate surroundings are.
Camo isn't a magic cloak that makes us invisible constantly.

With Forest 3d camo we have to be in a forest area close to trees and high (forest) brush. It doesn't work in high grass in an open field and the shape designs of the items seem to make some sense. For example a ball cap only partially conceals our face. Our ears stick out and nothing else like the side of our face and neck is shaded. With the boonie style hat that has the brim all the way around it the brim hides our ears, shades all of our face and some of our neck.

It might not be an error it might be intentional it works that way. It looks like you're standing straight up in an open area. I'm surprised any of it's working at all if that's the environment and position you're in. It looks like you're standing straight up in an open area.

Have you tested to see if the ball cap effectiveness changes if you kneel right there where you are in the screenshots?
Does it's effectiveness become active if you stand or kneel closer to a tree or kneel while you're inside a tall bush?
That's how it's supposed to work. Animals have decent vision. Camo only helps us be less noticeable.
We still have to be stealthy by hiding in bushes, next to and behind trees, etc.
T3RRYSAMA

Post by T3RRYSAMA »

The description of Hunting Cap and Boonie Hat are identical, so the items would work identically.
Bort wrote:I noticed the 3d camo's effectiveness is sensitive. It matters what position we're in and what the immediate surroundings are.

With Forest 3d camo we have to be in a forest area close to trees and high (forest) brush. It doesn't work in high grass in an open field and the shape designs of the items seem to make some sense. For example a ball cap only partially conceals our face. Our ears stick out and nothing else like the side of our face and neck is shaded. With the boonie style hat that has the brim all the way around it the brim hides our ears, shades all of our face and some of our neck.

It might not be an error it might be intentional it works that way. It looks like you're standing straight up in an open area. I'm surprised any of it's working at all if that's the environment and position you're in. It looks like you're standing straight up in an open area.

Have you tested to see if the ball cap effectiveness changes if you kneel right there where you are in the screenshots?
Does it's effectiveness become active if you stand or kneel closer to a tree or kneel while you're inside a tall bush?
That's how it's supposed to work. Animals have decent vision. Camo only helps us be less noticeable.
We still have to be stealthy by hiding in bushes, next to and behind trees, etc.
Bort
Scout

Post by Bort »

The text descriptions are identical but the physical shape of them isn't so it makes sense to me they work a little differently because of their shape, the brims. What I shared is how those hat designs are intended to work in real life. A ball cap is only intended to shade our eyes. A hat with a brim all the way around it is intended to shade and keep the sun off of everything from the brim to our shoulders.

I don't know if they're coded that way in the game. It might be a bug. That's how they work in real life. What I shared is what I noticed from my own experience with these clothes in the game. I've walked around with the huntermate camo app on. With 3D camo clothes the green color on them flashes off and on as it's working and not working.
TheRealLegend

Post by TheRealLegend »

Bort wrote:I noticed the 3d camo's effectiveness is sensitive. It matters what position we're in and what the immediate surroundings are.

I remember, before the event work good, on huntermate was green
Bort
Scout

Post by Bort »

Before what event?
EthanRanft
Tracker

Post by EthanRanft »

Bort wrote:Before what event?
TheRealLegend wrote:I've same problem. I remember work fine first of "summer fiesta" event, now doesn't work

Return to “Equipment / Gear”