Unable to use inventory on 4th day of hunting.

This forum is for reporting bugs or glitches found in equipment (Inventory Items). Please use the kind of equipment name in the topic title with description, titles with only "found a bug", "bug" and alike will be deleted.
Example title: Muzzleloader, Red Deer Caller.
curlyCoyote
Outfitter

Unable to use inventory on 4th day of hunting.

Post by curlyCoyote »

Bug Report
Game Mode: <<SP>>
Hunter Name: <<curlyCoyote>>

Description:
<<When entering the 4th in game day of hunting, I am unable to change anything in my inventory, cant put in callers, cant change ammo, cant change weapons, because when i click resume, the game does not resume no matter how long I wait, and I am forced to click main menu and resume game without my inventory changes saving.>>

Steps to Reproduce:
<<Enter the 4th day of hunting in single player and try moving ammo (Gonna be a pain for developers letting their computer run 24 hours trying to test this bug)>>

Additional Information:
<<Single player with only 1 player, good internet connection and ping>>

My Computer
Platform: <<Optiplex 3010>>
OS & Version: <<Windows 7>>
elberto

Re: Unable to use inventory on 4th day of hunting.

Post by elberto »

2nd time have the problem.
Can't do anything in inventory (can't exit)
Dmitri
EW Staff
EW Staff

Post by Dmitri »

elberto wrote:2nd time have the problem.
is it starting the 4th day too?
TheWind7
Outfitter

Post by TheWind7 »

I've having the same problem. Twice now. I don't recall if its the 4th day or not. It definitely is the 2nd or a later day of hunting. I'm trying to move a weapon from pack to 1 or 2 position. I move the weapon and ammo but when I click on resume game.....nothing. I'm stuck. I can only get back in the game via Main Menu like Curly stated above. My changes are not saved.
elberto

Post by elberto »

Deeem0n wrote:
elberto wrote:2nd time have the problem.
is it starting the 4th day too?
First time, may be third day.
Second time, no t sure if 1st or 2nd day.
i-man

Post by i-man »

Same bug here.
Not the first time.

I'm on the first day of hunting, but i started the session yesterday, and made pause. 24hours laters i have the bug.
CW_Cruisin

Post by CW_Cruisin »

Having same problem after pausing game and resuming game next day. Can change the inventory but can’t resume game other than exiting to menu and then resuming but then the inventory reverts back to old settings.
Bort
Scout

Post by Bort »

I'm surprised to see how many people play a single session that long. I'm not arguing it should work if we would play the same game session for several days (real time, 4 days in-game is 2 real days). It should continue for however long the game is running, and everyone can play however and for as long as they like, of course.

I'm curious though: There's only so many animals and collectables that spawn on a map when the game loads and that's all there is in that game session.
Animals don't continue to spawn they spawn once when the game loads and that's it, that's all there's going to be in that session.
I could be wrong but I believe that also applies when the game forces us to "sleep" and start a new hunting day in the same game.
A new hunting day in the same session doesn't spawn new animals to hunt and harvest, as far as I know.

So what is the benefit of running the same session for 2 real days straight, 4 in-game days or longer?
Why not start a new session after seeing animals gets really slow? If you've seen and killed them all there aren't going to be any more.

The reason the game is acting up like those of you who run a single session that long might not be the game it might be that your computer is running out of resources. That's not something the developers can fix, and not a bug, if that's why the game starts acting like that after running that long. That's a computer issue that can be easily fixed by closing all applications and giving the machine a much needed shut down or at least a restart.
I'm not trying to offend anyone. It's not impossible that's what it is.

I have remorse for the un-necessary beating the computer's are going through being left on, running a bunch of applications, a game, while the user sleeps.
Those poor machines (lol)
BuiuRei
Trophy Hunter

Post by BuiuRei »

Actually, if you don't pause, from 5am to 7pm in-game gives you 7 irl hours, so after, theoretically, 21 hours you'd be at day 4.
I must say I've never went past day 2, but I have to remark that the spotting info was all messed up on day 2 (and even some unharvestable animals), but they supposedly fixed that. If I remember correctly, and please correct me if that's not the case, but in the old days there was a new spawn on day 2, whereas now you get the same critters (we can test this by leaving a dead one - again, forgive my confusion; it's due me being away from the game for about 15 months).
Now you got me curious to make it happen. :lol:
Spoiler:

Return to “Equipment / Gear”